cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot open profile file from SAPMNT share.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have PRD servers installed in Win2K3, 32-bit with SQL 2005 in HA (Clustered) environment.

There is a share SAPMNT which is created during installation. Now i want to know some doubts as below,

1)

If i try to open the file from Windows Explorer - "
mtccsap\SAPMNT\PRD\SYS\profile\START_DVEBMGS01_mtccci" from any one of the server with user having admin rights and also domain admin rights, i get the error - "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have th appropriate permissions to access the item."

2)

If i try to open the same file after logging in the server with Administrator account locally, then i can open the file with notepad.

3)

If i try to open the file from any other WinXP pc with user being domain admin, i can open the file with notepad.

4).

If i try to open the file directly going to G drive where the file is located and not from the share like
mtccsap\...... then i can open the file with notepad too.

I cannot open the file after logging to the server with any user (except local administrator) and get above mentioned error.

Also i can open some files and cannot open some files in the profile folder. All files have same permissions.

Can someone guide to possible error ?

Thanks,

K.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ideally, if sidadm is having the access , then it should be ok.

thanks,Prasanna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for reply.

Yes, sidadm has full access for that file. sidadm is member of local administrators group and i have also made it member of domain admin group.

It is strange, if i login to my PC with sidadm and access the file in the share, i can open it. But when i login to the server with same sidadm user, i cannot open the file !!!

Thanks again,

K.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Also to mention,

I created a new share. Copied all the files from the profile folder to the new shared folder.

Try to access the file from the new share folder from Win Explorer. Same problem.

K.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think i have come to some stage near to the problem.

I created a new text file - like newfile.txt. I can open the file.

I removed the extension from that file - like newfile. Then i open the file, it does not open and gives error.

So in short i cannot open any files without extension from the server. When i open such files from WinXP it prompts me to open with which file type.

Is this security issue with Windows Server 2003 ? If yes, can we disable it ?

Please guide.

Thanks,

K.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The above problem was due to Internet Explorer Enhanced Security Configuration enabled. Either adding the share
mtccsap in the local intranet zone or removing the IE enhanced security config option resolved the problem.

Thanks,

K.

Edited by: Kalpesh Chudasama on Jun 8, 2009 9:03 PM