cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IOs with only few texts required - approach to load or add entries

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have an IO that requires about 4 rows of texts. In development, I was able to create the entries through its text table, but now we're in the test system that is locked for editing. I could write a FM, create an IF, IP , and load but it seems too much work for just 4 rows of texts. What would be the best approach to doing this? I could also write a program to upload these entries to the text table directly.

Has anyone come across this issue and resolved it quickly and easily without too much work or should I say too much time?

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

edwin_harpino
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

since it's only 4 rows, some options

1. you can directly create entries in test system, check if you have sufficient authorization, run SU53, when the system closed for changes of objects, we still can create entries for master data.

2. assign flat file source system to that infoobject's infosource and upload via flat file.

hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi A.H.P

Option 2 would be the best because I may not have the opportunity to ask for authorizations to do this in production.

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi A.H.P.

There is also another way to do this. I just created a transport to have the text entries to have it imported to the test system. I think this should work when it goes to test and production.

Thanks

edwin_harpino
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Crystal,

you mean se16, select all entries and menu 'table entry'->transport entries ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi A.H.P

Yes. I think SE16 is quicker if you know the table name. I went to the IO, 'Master data/texts' tab, and then clicked on the text table, went through several screens to list the entries, and there is a 'Transport entries'.

Thank you

Message was edited by: Crystal Smith

Answers (0)