cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding systems with same SID in SMSY - solution manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We are having systems with same SID's which belongs to different landscape created for various customers.

Currently We are having only one solution manager.

I consider this example for explanation.

Customer 1 : DEV --> QAS --> PRD ( SID's)

customer 2 : DEV --> ACC --> PRD ( SID's)

I would like to add these 6 systems in a solution manager. For Customer 1 , I have included the systems in SMSY . But when i tries to add DEV, PRD for customer 2 , it fails since this SID's are already present.

Is there any other way to include by giving the different SID's DE2 but with correct IP and host Or we need to have one more solution manager ? Please anyone suggest me on this

Thanks

Raj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I presume you'll need one Solman per customer, Now I'm not an experter in Solution Manager... Maybe you'll be better of opening this thread on the Solution Manager forum

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Juan,

Thanks for your help. I will raise the same in solution manager forum.

Thanks

Raj

0 Kudos

Hi ,

Have you done configuration in RZ70.Please do that if not done

Regards,

Punit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Juan ,

We can add systems with same SID in smsy. I have attached the way in which i have done. This may help others. Thank you all for your suggestion

-

Only use more than three characters if your landscape contains multiple systems with the same system ID (if you have a mirrored backup system that has the same ID as the original system, for example).

If multiple systems in your landscape have the same system ID, choose as system name the system ID with a suffix of up to 5 characters (a sequential number, for example) to create a unique system name.

The system accepts a system name of more than 3 characters if you choose Enter to confirm.

-

Thanks

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

The issue with that is how do the database's react to having these systems with the same SIDs but in solution Manager creating systems with extra characters.

Ed