Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Error- Restart Not Possible

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have Synchronous scenario.

I am trying to handle system error in BPM. so if system error comes i m cancelling process.

So in sxmb_moni, my scenario is successful as it is not getting stuck into queue.

But it is giving me error as "System Error - restart not possible" .

But I need to resend / restart this message again.

So can u please guide me for same

Regards,

Manisha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
I have Synchronous scenario.
I am trying to handle system error in BPM. so if system error comes i m cancelling process.
So in sxmb_moni, my scenario is successful as it is not getting stuck into queue.

But I need to resend / restart this message again.

Similar Q asked and answered in this thread:

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

I have seen tht block, but somehow not useful in my case.

i went to sxmb_moni_bpe and choose restart with error ..but it is not showing me any message to restart

I cannot use Michel's blog as tht can be used into dev..but i need to do it after prod also.

So need some reliable solution

I need to use cancel process in BPE as i cannot make other process to stuck in queue bcoz of this.

Do u have any other solution ?

Thanks & Regards,

Manisha

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
I have seen tht block, but somehow not useful in my case.
i went to sxmb_moni_bpe and choose restart with error ..but it is not showing me any message to restart 😞

should have mentioned in the earlier reply that since the BPM was cancelled successfully you wont find an entry in sxmb_moni_bpe.....may be if the BPM stucks with this error then you might have got the entry in sxmb_moni_bpe....

Former Member
0 Kudos

If i don't cancel BPM successfully it will get stuck into queue and next coming messages will also stuck into queue and hence will stop business process..which i don't want..

Regards,

Manisha

former_member240483
Contributor
0 Kudos

But if u cancel message successfully it wont appear in BPE monitoring....

Thanks

Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the control step use throw alert.You will get the alert message and also you can able to restart the message.In the blog step use Parallel For Each.

[https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/3466] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

Regards,

Prakasu.M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi prakasu

Can u throw more light on whatever u wrote abt blog? i didn't get it.

Regards,

Manisha

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i am not sure if the blog will help here....if the BPM is in error state then we can go ahead as per the blog....but in this case the BPM has not stuck in any of the steps and has completed the execution successfully.....so there is no error state here.....

Now regarding the System Error.....a particular message flow has gone into error but not the entire process.....suppose your BPM is having the following steps:

Receive ->SyncSend -

> Send -
> Receive---> Send.....

Now supppose you have introduced an exception handling for the SyncSend and in due processing it goes into error....however in the exception handling you have made the provision to cancel the process.....so now due to the System Error your process has successfully cancelled......so now you cannot restart a successfully stopped/ cancelled process :)....it has done its work...

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abishek,

Since my BPM is executed successfully with system error.

Is there any report which i can execute to restart tht message again by putting message id or something like tht? so tht i can schedule tht report on daily or hourly basis.

Regards,

Manisha

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i dont think so...some part of the proces has failed and not the whole process....had the failed processing an individual scenario then it may have been possible.....but dont think that we can Restart only a portion of the BPM which has failed....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey I don't want to start portion of BPM ..

I have IDoc to SOAP scenario....as I m getting system error means my web service is not reachable, tht means no action is taken against my generated IDoc...so in tht case I need to resend IDoc to happen business process...

But I cannot resend IDoc from R/3 as it has reached to XI successfully and not in error...so in tht case I need to take action in XI only.

Any suggestion?

Regards,

Manisha

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

afaik...not possible in this case.....may be we can wait for a reply from other experts....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Now i feel tht i need to change the way i m implementing this scenario.

Just look as this scenario like this..

I have IDoc - SOAP- IDoc scenario.

and what if my web service is down when XI is trying to send request to it.

How to handle this?

Regards,

Manisha

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When your WS id down you are handling the esception in your BPM perfectly....what more you can do is in the exception branch throw an alert to the support team from SAP saying that the processing for a particluar IDOC failed as there was an error while connecting to the end system......in this case you can ask them to restart this particular process once the WS is up....

One option wil also be to increase the default retry attempts of AE while connecting to the end system....affects performance....maximum retry attempts is 10 (if i am not wrong).....so if your WS comes up during this time you can send the message......

We have a similar case wherein same logic has been applied in BPM...which asks the support team to restart the process if the process fails due to a communication error with the end system.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

solved with change in BPM design.

no message is in error so can process in sxmb_moni_bpe

Regards,

Manisha

Edited by: Manisha Dahatonde on Jun 9, 2009 2:39 PM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Since you are handlig the exception in the BPM you will get an error tag in SXMB_MONI...but your Queue wont get blocked...this is the way the processing behaves when you take care of the exceptions:)

if you want the Queue to get blocked, remove the exception handling and check...it will show you and entry...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manisha,

Can u explain error briefly...

Regards,

Sateesh.N