cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I create an iView with multiple links to R/3 transactions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Portal developers,

I'm looking for a solution for displaying multiple links on a single iView or Page. The requirement is calling for several SAP Transactions and a link to an external web application from a single view. Could or should this be done using KM Navigation iView, or creating separate iViews for each link and placing them in a page?

Thank you for your recommendations.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Terry,

Are the SAP Transactions fixed ?

I mean have you fixed that only these many transactions have to be displayed ?

If yes, better option would be to create separate iviews for each and assign these to the "Related Links" or "Dynamic Navigation" of a page.

IF no, that means, you want the user shall enter the transaction code and that transaction should open up in iview, then ofcourse you cant go in for the above solution.

Thanks,

Samta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Samta,

This may be a solution for us. The links will be fixed so I crated a Page iView with the transaction iViews as "Related Links". My only problem now is when I click on a iView link, the content opens in a new window even though I have the iViews set as "Display in Portal Content Area". I'm guessing that the properties on the Page iView need adjusting but I haven't been able to figure out the correct settings. Can you offer a suggestion?

Thank you again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samta,

I found the answer to my last question on the post "Open "Related Links" in the portal content area".

Now the only issue (which is not a question) is that the "Related Links" navigation window disappears after opening a link. I'll work on this.

Thanks for your suggestion.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Terry,

Thanks for the reward points.

Is your issue resolved ?

Thanks,

Samta

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Terry,

how u solved this related links problem?..can u plz explain this...

Answers (0)