Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP Query variant - Error during SE93

Former Member
0 Kudos

Team,

I am creating ztransaction codes for abap queries via SE93. Sometimes in SE93 error comes stating that Variant is required. I want to know the table name where this info/indicator/flag is maintained.

I need this info to automate my BDC.

Thanks

Error Msg:

Report AQ10CR==========35============ can only be started with a variant

Message no. DB623

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check in SQ01, there are options to set the ABAP query to be executed with varaint. If this check box is enabled then you can execute the query only with a varaint. So i believe its the setting in the query definition and not in Se93.

Btw you can define or create a transaction code in SE93 to run a query with the varaint as well.

Let me know if you need more info.

cheers

VJ

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check in SQ01, there are options to set the ABAP query to be executed with varaint. If this check box is enabled then you can execute the query only with a varaint. So i believe its the setting in the query definition and not in Se93.

Btw you can define or create a transaction code in SE93 to run a query with the varaint as well.

Let me know if you need more info.

cheers

VJ

0 Kudos

I know that SQ01 has setting for Variant...

I am creating tcodes for over 1200 queries (via BDC)and some of these queries are set to run with variant... I want to know the table name where this flag is 'set'... This will allow me to pass a variant or not when creating BDC sessions...

Thanks

0 Kudos

What is the table name...?

Thanks

0 Kudos

Its calling the FM "RS_VARIANT_CATALOG"

see the code of FM ..you`ll find the table

<b>Table :VARID</b>

Thanks

Saquib

Message was edited by: Saquib Khan

0 Kudos

Just like for any normal ABAP report, you will find this info in the TRDIR table. The field SSET will be 'X' if the Query needs to be started with a Variant, where NAME = "Query name.

Regards,

Suresh Datti

0 Kudos

thanks for the table VARID. This only lists the variants that exists for a program.

Some queries are run with variant 'only'. If you try to run them without variant it asks you to choose a variant then the query can be executed. There must be table where this info is stored.

0 Kudos

Thanks Suresh... You solved the problem...