cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

serilaisation in SAP PI 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

We have jms to proxy scenario and the interface is async. i want make serilaisation of messages in PI. lets say if i get 4 messages at a time i want to process them one by one and if the first one errors out in XI for some reason then the next messages should not get queued up. is this possible to do?

thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If allowed use a BPM in your scenario....

In here include a Block step which will send the messages synchronously one after the other....then have an exception branch with a control Step (throw alert)...so that if a send step is in error your process will throw an alert and wont get stuck...and then the next send will be executed...same will happen for each send....

Check this design approach and let me knw

Regards,

Abhishek.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

that's pretty easy. Use EOIO (exactly once in order) protocol for processing.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi711/helpdata/en/f4/2d6189f0e27a4894ad517961762db7/content.htm

Kai

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

thanks for the reply. my scenario is like this message comes to TIBCO queue and JMS adpter picks the messages and data goes to proxy. now lets say there are 3 messages queued up in TIBCO, JMS picked one message and called the proxy. in procy we are updating one transaction. meanwhile JMS picks up another message and another proxy cal happens, but then this will fail because the transaction is locked by the first proxy. how do i eliminate this situation. i want to process the second message only if the first message processing is complete. will the EOIO setting will achieve this?

thanks

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if your First message fails....and you are using EOIO...your next messages will go into Holding state in AE.....and unless and until the first message is cancelled the rest of the messages wont be processed..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes correct - as mentioned before.

EOIO ensures that no following message will be further processed in case an error occurs during processing. So if for example message 2 fails, then message 3, 4, ..., n will go to "hold" state. Once message 2 is canceled or processed successfully also message 3, 4, ..., n will be processed in maintained order.

Regards,

Kai