cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Main Window in 2nd Page is not displaying.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

I have a problem with smartforms. I have two pages which each page has different main window.

When i print the smartforms, the first main window in 1st page is printing. The second main window in 2nd page is not printing, but the other window in 2nd page is displaying.

Just for the information, in first page, next page in general attributes is page 1.

At the 2nd page, next page is page 2.

I really need your suggestion for solving this problem.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The main windows which you are creating in the second page is a Replica (Copy) of the First page main window and when coming to dimensions you can change the dimensions as per your requirements. That is the dimensions of the main window in the first page may be different from the second page.

Hope this will help you.

Regards,

Venkat.

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear leni,

if you have not given any thing to print in that main window that may not print this is because you have given different windows in different pages.

or the table or template used in the window may be bigger then the window if there is data to print.

if not happening then create another main window with proper dimensions of the window and the tables also.

regards,

venkat.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Venkat,

The format main window in 2nd page is different from 1st page, the template and also the table.

But for the size, the both is same. And i think is not because the size or the dimensions, because they all same with the 1st page.

I really appreciate your solutions but i still need another suggestion from you.

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to copy the main window from page 1 to Page 2. Conditionally you need to print the contents of the main window.

Change the General Attribute of Page

Next page in Page 1 - > Page 2.

Next page in Page 2 - > Page 2.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Avinesh,

I already tried to copy from main window in 1st page and Change the General Attribute of Page.

Next page in Page 1 - > Page 2.

Next page in Page 2 - > Page 2.

But it doesn't want to go to 2nd page. And the data in main window 2nd page is still not read and display in smartforms.

I really appreciate your solutions but i still need another suggestion from you.

Thank you,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is because you have changed the main window of the first page and the second page. If you want to print both the main windows of the both the pages then copy the main window of the first page to the second page and then give a command line window on the first page mentioning the condition that is

GOTO second page

If you want to print the data from a particular line in other page then give a command line in the main window of the first page and then check the option GOTO next page and give the page name you want it to go so it will continue printing in the next page

Check this link: [Main window in Second Page|;

Check this wiki: [https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/x/bAZqBg]

Thanks&Regards

Sarves

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sarves,

I already tried to use command line in page 1 and check the GO To Page 2 then the smartforms go to the page2, but in main window page2, the smartforms doesn't want read the data.

For the Info, main window in 1st page is different format in 2nd page.

Thank you,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I agree that you have different format main window in first page and second page main window even then if you are taking a new main window for the second page it will not read the data present in second page main window.

That is the reason SAP has given a condition that the main window width should be always same. how many ever the main windows are but the height may differ.

even if you have different template that has to be printed in the second page main window. copy the main window of the first page to the second page and then give a command line when all the data of first page is completely defined. later take one more table or template after the command line so the page format of the second page will be taken in to consideration that is according to the height as the width cannot differ. now when you define the new template here it inherits the page properties of the second page and gets it printed.

Hope this will resolve the issue. Even i was struck like you previously but overcame the issue in this way only.

Thanks&Regards

Sarves

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sarves,

Thank you for the suggestion, but i already tried to copy the first main window to 2nd page, in same width and same height, but when i execute the smartforms, the 2nd page is not displaying to.. i also tried to take a command line in 1st main window but still the 2nd page is not displaying.

I will try your suggestion for insert another template or table after the command lines. but, can you explain to me the function of the template after command lines is ?

Because i still not understand about your sentences that

'take one more table or template after the command line so the page format of the second page will be taken in to consideration that is according to the height as the width cannot differ. now when you define the new template here it inherits the page properties of the second page and gets it printed.'.

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

That was an example i told .. after the command line what ever you try to print will come in the second page of your smart form.

Note : when you copy the main window of the first page what ever you try to add in the second page main window, they will also reflect in the first page main window but will not be displayed in the first page, as the command line triggers the second page.

Check the snapshots of how i did, in this the main window height differs from 1st page and 2nd page. when i run the smart form the data in the first table gets printed and when it reaches the command line the second table gets triggered and prints the data in the second page of height 2 CM. In command line i gave GOTO page as PAGE 2.

[Main window in both the pages is similar |https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/download/attachments/1710/smar1.PNG]

[Height of first page main window|https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/download/attachments/1710/smar3.PNG]

[Height of second page main window|https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/download/attachments/1710/smar2.PNG]

Thanks&Regards

Sarves

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sarves,

Thank you for the explanation. I will try this solution.

I really appreciate your suggestions.

Thank you.