Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Problem creating a EJB from third party into NWDS

Hi everybody:

I´m trying to create a EJB from a third party software (jar file). I imported the jar file into my EJB Module (Properties->Java Build Path->Library), selected the EJB candidate and wrote the ejb-jar.xml according to the vendor's instructions in order to define home and remote interfaces.

When I deploy my application (containing the EJB Module), I got this error from the server:

java.rmi.RemoteException: Cannot deploy application sap.com/TestEjbApp.. Reason: Incorrect application sap.com/TestEjbApp:Bean AccountLocateBean: the ejb-class must implement, directly or indirectly, the javax.ejb.SessionBean interface. EJB specification 7.10.2.; nested exception is: com.sap.engine.services.deploy.container.DeploymentException: <--Localization failed: ResourceBundle='com.sap.engine.services.deploy.DeployResourceBundle', ID='com.sap.engine.services.ejb.exceptions.deployment.EJBDeploymentException: Incorrect application sap.com/OlivierTestEjbApp:Bean AccountLocateBean: the ejb-class must implement, directly or indirectly, the javax.ejb.SessionBean interface. EJB specification 7.10.2.

at com.sap.engine.services.ejb.deploy.verifier.Verifier.check(Verifier.java:66)

at com.sap.engine.services.ejb.deploy.DeployAdmin.generate(DeployAdmin.java:253)

at com.sap.engine.services.ejb.EJBAdmin.deploy(EJBAdmin.java:2133)

I used the same jar in another application server (Sun Open), mounted teh EJB and it ran perfect. Additionally I checked the class and it has the correct "implements javax.ejb.SessionBean" statement in the code.

Do you have any idea about it?

Thanks

Regards

Olivier

Message was edited by: Olivier Franco

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question