cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Differences between Approval limit in PPOMA and in rol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are working with SRM 5.0, and we are using the BAdI n-step for SC approval.The problem is that, the client we are working with, has a complex organizational structure and the value limits for approval and the number of approval steps are different between the different areas/departments. Actually we are working with a Z* table where we are specifying the number of approval steps and the value for each step that an organizational unit needs. This table will be not user-friendly to maintain, so, we are thinking in other options.

We have seen that the BAdI can be used with some attributes, as the approval limit, the spending limit and the attribute SLAPPROVER in the PPOMA.

My concern is about the difference between the attributes BBP_APPROVAL_LIMIT in the role (PFCG) and the attribute APPROVAL LIMIT in the PPOMA (Extended attributes). What's the difference betwwen these two values?

I would need to know this because we cannot manage to create one role for each value limit. Maybe we can have more than 60 approver roles. So, we need to know if it is possible to use the attribute in the PPOMA instead of using the ones in the role.

Another question is how can we use attribute SLAPPROVER. Do we have to define all approvers needed (5 lines for this attribute in the ppoma if we can need 5 levels)? Can we use the table SLAPPROVERLIST instead of having to inform all the approvers into the PPOMA?

Many thanks and regards,

Ana

P.D: I will G.P.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepti,

Many thanks for your answers! I think we will use WS14000133 using the extended attributes for spending and approval limits.

We think it's the option that suits better.

Many thanks again.

Kind regards,

Ana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepti,

Then, (my last question), we can use the BAdI without having to modify or create roles, can't we?

Many thanks for your answers and regards,

Ana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If your approval is based ONLY on Approval limits,you can use the Spending limit WF.See the below link for more details.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm30/helpdata/en/17/40a86c773d6c41801d78af1a34b90f/content.htm

However if the approval strategy is complex,then you can opt for thw WF WS14000133 and code the approval logic via the BADI.

BR,

Deepti.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ana,

BBP_APPROVAL_LIMIT in the role (PFCG) :To maintain the approval limit for ROLES

APPROVAL LIMIT in the PPOMA (Extended attributes): To maintain the approval limit for each individula user in the Org structure.

You need to maintain the SLAPPROVER for each of the Agent/approver involved in the workflow cycle.

E.g. User X creates the SC...And Approval Chain is as follows..A(1st approver) -->B(2nd Approver) --->C(3rd Approver).

Then in the ORG STRUCTURE,For User X,you need to maintain the SLAPPROVER as "A".Similarly for User A in the Org structure,you need to maintain the SLAPPROVER as "B"and so on.

BR,

Deepti.