cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delta load problem after Initialization

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone.........................I need your inputs on the following problem that I ran into:

I have an ODS which gets supplied by regular delta loads.

Accidentlly, I have deleted the Initialization(Info Package->Scheduler->Initialization options for source systems). Because of this the delta loads are broken.

I am now trying to fix this by Initializing it again(but without data transfer as I dont need all the data till this current point again). That worked successfully.

But the deltas after this initialization are causing a problem. The first delta that I loaded failed with an error :

"Delta Request REQU123XYZ is incorrect in the monitor.

A repeat needs to be requested. Data target (ODS) still includes delta request REQU123XYZ. If the repeat is now loaded, then after the load there could be duplicate data in the data target.

Request the repeat?"

I repeat the delta load and this time around it loads correctly.

The next delta that I load after this is again an error. The repeat of this is again a correct one.

This problem continues.

Can anyone throw some light on whats going wrong?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kris

Just for curious are you doing data validation after each load and hope every thing is correct. Next time probably what you could do is turned the failed manually green in the monitor and submit the next request. Hope this will take care of your issue.

Thnaks

Sat

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you find out the reason why you did not have your timestamp. I am having the same issue in some systems.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi A.H.P………………………..I tried your suggestion to set the status to “judged” as successful. But still the problem persists. The request doesn’t exactly fail but remains in the “yellow” unfinished state for a long time. If I forcibly turn this green, the Info pack won’t allow me to load the next delta request saying that the previous one is still not completed. I can only load the next one after deleting the failed one. This makes me think that the problem is not concerned with 0 data records coming in from the source system.

I am still working on this and will keep everyone posted. Meanwhile if anyone has some other suggestions, please let me know about it.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I traced the problem to the data source that I am using

(3FI_SL_EC_SI). In RSA7, the time stam is not being picked up. That is the reason the first delta is failing.

The repeat delta.............I presume.......does not have enough intelligence to know that the first delta hasnt picked up the time stamp and hence loads correctly.

So, can I request you again to help me out with how to fix the data source so that the timestamp is picked up by the delta loads.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sat,

I did make the request red manually, deleted it from ODS and then schedule……………the request after doing the things mentioned loads fine………….but the next delta after this will fail. Again, I’ll have to turn it to red and delete it and then repeat the load to get a successful load. So the cycle repeats………..one bad………turn it red/delete it from ODS……then load repeat…….the repeat turns out fine. Could it be because I have currently no data in delta queue…..but then it should load correctly with 0 records…..right? Let me know your thoughts on that.

Thanks again.

-Kris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kris

As you said Even though there are no delta records infopackage should bring 0 records with green. In our case it's failing. Lets try some other alternatives.

I am searching for OSS notes if i find some thing will post it here

Sat

Message was edited by: Sat

0 Kudos

hi Kris,

if it's 0 record, you can set it to be 'judged' as successful, go to monitor of one request and menu settings->evaluation of requests(traffic light), in next screen 'evaluation of requests', 'if no data is avaible in the system, the request' -> choose option 'is judged to be successful' (green).

hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kris

Expert is Back. Please try as A.H.P said and it should work.

Thnaks

Sat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sat,

I tried your suggestion by turning the failed request manually to green.

However, for the next delta load, the info package just wouldnt allow me to initate a load saying that-

"Last delta update is not yet completed

Therefore, no new delta update is possible.

You can start the request again

if the last delta request is red or green in the monitor".

Although it says not yet completed, I can see that the request has failed.

Any more alternatives will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kris

I am trying to recollect we answered for the same issue long back. Have you tried to make the request red in the monitor and delete from the ODS and schedule the delta load again? Hope you must have done this if not please do it and let us know the status. I will be waiting for your update.

Thnaks

Sat