cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is best practice to do APO Demand planning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My client wants to implement demand planning.

Client has come up with one scenario like a New Customer is created in ECC, and if I use BI and then APO flow ( ECC -> BI -> APO-BI) for Demand planning, user will have to wait for another day. (AS BI is always having one day delay).

For this scenarios user is insisting on ECC and APO-DP interface.

Will anybody suggest what should be the best practice for Demand planning.

ECC -> Standalone BI -> Planning area (Planning is done in APO) -> Stand alone BI

Or ECC -> APO-DP (Planning is done in APO) -> Standalone BI system

I hope I am able to explain my scenario.

Regards,

ST

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you want to create new CVC in MPOS of Demand Planning?

I understood process flow ECC>BI->Demand Planning

But what kind of data you want to transfer from ECC to APO-DP?

Can you explain me little more, so i can help you.

If you want to transfer Data from ECC to APO on the same day then instead of ECC you can create Flat file(CSV format) & then you can transfer to APO DP at any time.

Regards

Sujay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sujoy,

Thanks for reply.

(1) I have to get Sales Order data from ECC into BI standalone system Cube.

(2) Then from this cube same data is sent to SCM APO - BI Cube.

(3) Planning will be done in SCM APO.

(4) Planned data is again sent to BI standalone system, Using datamart on Planned area.

(5) In BI we will have reporting on cube, which has ECC sales order data and APO Planned data.

But in this case, there is always delay between data loads (firstly ECC -> BI, then BI -> APO, then APO -> BI).

In this case, if a new customer is created, Client wants to see demand planning in latest data.

How do we do APO DP generally?

Do we follow the route from BI, or directly between ECC and APO..

Hope I am able to explain the scenario..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In this case you download the sales order data in to excel. Then you can extract these data from flat file i.e. Excel(CSV) in to an info cube & then further to planning area of demand planning. This you can do it immediatley after creation of new customer in ECC(Assume sales order data will be there). After you can do your regular process. After completion of planning process extract data from Planning area to BI info cube. So your one part will complete.

After one day you can extract data from ECC to BI. So you can use these data for reporting purpose also.

Hope this will help you.

Regards

Sujay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If there are reports based on customer master from BI and same customer is used in APO DP then there is no other way than loading customer master into standalone BI and further to DP data mart as master data.

Definately there will be some period lag from the time it is created in ECC and seen in APO DP customer as a characteristics, Data loads will take time from ECC to BI and to APO DP.

Regards,

SCMBEE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all for the needful replies...

I am giving 10 on 10..

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is ideally ECC->Stand alone BI-> APO DP data mart

If your client is only using APO DP then transfer PIR created by APO DP to ECC as PIR (Planned Independent requirements) and view/Manage them in ECC t code MD62/MD63

If your business needs huge data and reports it is suggested use stand alone BI for reporting and as an aid for data modeling for APO too.

Hope it is clear.

Regards,SCMBEE