cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Axis web service

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

are there anyone who use axis webservice in PI. I'm using .Net web service easily but Axis webservice is problem.When i import. It doesn't show all parameter structure therefore it isn't used in message mapping etc.

thank.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

PI is not capable getting .wsdl over Url.

Former Member
0 Kudos

axis webservice or .net webservice, it shouldn't really make a difference to PI.

>>Axis webservice is problem

just cross check the axis webservice, its wsdl to find out it really includes all the parameters that you are looking for. To check the webservice independently you can use tools like xmlspy, soapclient etc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi wsdl uses some .xsd files.Although i imported .xsd also but .wsdl does not find some object.

How it must be written in .wsdl the namespace and schema locations?

Some.wsdl test tool easily use it.But PI is in difficulty to use.

I use tool--> import external definition menu to import .wsdl and necessary .xsd files.

It imports with no problem. After activation operation, i open .wsdl with double click and select messages tab. When i use drildown the methods, i see some parameters has red colored.

How can i solve this problem.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Like already mentioned there are some restrictions. Unfortunately the PI 7.1 Online Help does not explcitely tell them as you can see here:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/26/9e97b0f525d743882936c2d6f375c7/content.htm

But the XI 3.0 documentation contains a hint:

For technical reasons, proxy generation and the respective editors in the Integration Builder do not support the entire language range of XML schema and WSDL. For an overview of which language elements are supported, see the Excel spreadsheet in the SAP Service Marketplace at service.sap.com/xi ® Media Library ® Documentation: SAP XI 3.0 (SP11) u2013 Supported XML Schema and WSDL (EN).

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Volker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

is it possible to use Url to import wsdl?

For example: http://xxx.com/yyy?wsdl

Soap testers, development tools (.Net), Some integration tools like MII uses Url to import wsdl.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I am not really sure about maybe "hidden features" because currently I have no PI system in front of me. But as far as I know (and remember) you can only upload external definitions from file system.

Regards,

Volker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Are you really sure that the WSDL is well-formed and that it does not contain any WSDL special features not supported by PI (see online help)?

Regards,

Volker