cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transporting IOs works only with unmarked 'With master data'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I understand correctly and finding one crucial post here about an InfoObject with no master table, the InfoObject itself should be marked as '<b>Attribute only</b>' from the 'General' tab if the IO is umarked for the 'With master data'. Meaning unmark the IO 'With master data' but have to check mark '<b>Attribute only</b>'.

I was told because the original IO that I created was marked with 'With master data' from the 'Master data/texts' tab that it couldn't be transported and imported correctly to the test system. Then the IO was changed to <b>unmark</b> the 'With master data' and the transport went through OK.

Would someone correct me that this is not an issue about the transport by making all the IOs unmarked 'With master data' in order to have them imported correctly to another system, but it is an issue about maintaining InfoObjects as Masterdata when you need to check the referencial integrity of that data or lack of it. Otherwise, the IOs should be imported to another system with no problem no matter with marked or unmarked 'With master data'.

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Crystal,

Your question is very confusing. Could you split that into multiple parts please.

here is my response frm what I understood.

"Attribute Only" setting means it can not have any master data and this can not be directly included in the infocubes. It can only be used an a display attribute of some other characteristic.

But, it is not true that if an Infoobject does not have master data, you have to mark it as 'attribute only' if that is what you meant.

Transporting is not an issue with any type of Infoobject. If it is checked with master data and it has attriutes, you must include the attributes also in the transport, if they are not already present in the target system.

Let me know if you have any questions on that.

Good Luck

Gova

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gova,

You understood my question and answered it very well and clarified the error on my understanding on the 'Attribute only' issue at that moment. I have seen the 'Attribute only' IOs used as a display and not in the IC or ODS.

Thanks also for clarifying about the transport issue. I didn't think changing the IOs would make the transport or import work or not, so I think it had to do with unnecessary table space or something.

I also have one question. What kind of problem would cause if I had left the 'With master data' marked for the IOs if they didn't have master data? I had transported IOs with this type to production with no problem, meaning they didn't have master data but I left the mark checked anyway. Would it be an issue of creating extra tables or views not necessarily needed?

Thank you

edwin_harpino
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

didn't see any issue with 'with master data' left marked,

yes it will create extra table/view, for non time-dep it will create table /bic/p[infoobjectname] and view /bic/m[infoobjectname] for customized infoobjects.

hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi A.H.P

Thank you for the perfect answer.

Cheers...

edwin_harpino
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Crystal,

you are welcome

perhaps you want read about those table things

http://help.sap.com/bp_biv235/BI_EN/documentation/Multi-dimensional_modeling_EN.doc

hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi A.H.P

Thanks. I actually have read this but I am thinking it's a joy to post questions and communicate on-line with members here because there are you and so many that know the system so well.

Cheers..

Answers (0)