cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Status management

0 Kudos

Hi,

My client wants if the status is already closed. Then also he wants to post transactions.

Business requirement is to allow to users to plan expenses on the WBS element even when the system status of the WBS element is TECO or CLSD

Regards

lakshmi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

stheurkar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If your client is still expecting the cost then don't close the project or wbs element till final cost getting loaded on wbs elements. When you set the closed (CLSD) status for WBS Element, for use & features of CLSD status,refer below sap help link.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/ee/41f82246ee11d189470000e829fbbd/content.htm

Regards,

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Explain the System Status propertied to your client for CRTD, REL,TECO,CLSD.

Set CLSD only when no more costs are to be booked to the project.

Keep the Project status REL if you want to create new PO otherwise set status TECO for posting actual costs.

Muzamil

0 Kudos

Hi All,

Is there any possibilities Suppose in System status it is CLSD status . Is there any possibility to Overwrite In user status for Planning exp

Regards,

lakshmi

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can not override System status.

When system status is "CLSD", you can not post any costs to your project.

But in "TECO" you can still post costs.

Educate your client, so that he understands what is "System Status" & what is "User status"?

0 Kudos

Thankyou

this is my client requirement

A project is typically organized in the form of a hierarchy composed of a single or a number of WBS elements representing tasks within the project. Operational expenditure for capital and replacement activities happening within the project are booked to these WBS elements, which are later transferred to the Asset register in the monthly settlement process.

In order to exercise control over the project, Expenses are planned and budgeted on the WBS elements at the cost element level and across periods and fiscal year. The course of the project and WBS element in itself is controlled through different system and user statuses like created (CRTD), released (REL), technically complete (TECO) and closed (CLSD). These statuses can be set through the u2018Editu2019 and u2018Setu2019 functionalities in the WBS master data and an active system status determines which business transactions you can perform with the WBS element. As per standard, if the WBS system status is CLSD, it is no longer possible to plan or post expenses on the WBS element.

Business requirement is to allow Users to plan expenses on the WBS element even when the system status of the WBS element is u2018TECOu2019 or u2018CLSDu2019.

Can you plz give me the answer

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The course of the project and WBS element in itself is controlled through different system and user statuses like created (CRTD), released (REL), technically complete (TECO) and closed (CLSD).

created (CRTD), released (REL), technically complete (TECO) and closed (CLSD) These are all system statuses.

You can not post anything if system status is CLSD , you can only post (no planning) if system status is TECO

I hope that's very much clear.

anishpv
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have reached last stage of the Business process.

As muzamil has told ,this is better explained by the system status CRTD,REL,TECO and CLSD.

If you want to post the cost then you have to revoke the status.

Regards

Anish.

0 Kudos

Is there any possibilities through user status

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can not override System status

Hi Lakshmi

I told you in the previous post itself. System status carries highest priority.

I don't understand, why you want to make it TECO or CLSD, when you still want to plan/post costs.

Anyways it's not possible.

0 Kudos

Hi Anish,

can you plz give me how to revoke the status CLSD . Plz give me the brief information

stheurkar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

you can revovke CLSD status by using following menu path

enter CJ20N transaction

see on left side of screen, explore your structure, click on level1 wbs element or any one wbs element of which you want to revoke the CLSD status

click on Edit > Status > Close > Undo

save.

by doing this your system status will shown as TECO

if you want to revoke TECO status that is also possible

click on Edit > Status > Complete Technically > Undo

save

by doing this your system status will be shown as REL

Regards,

Sandeep

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmi

Only option is revoke the CLSD & TECO system statuses. You can this in project builder.

Edit --> Status --> Close --> Undo After this you must save the project, so that the status gets updated & saved. At the stage the status would be TECO

Under this status you can do an FI posting, but not planning.

You can also revoke TECO , again in project builder (CJ20N)

Edit --> Status --> Complete Technically --> Undo You must save the project after this. At the stage the status would be REL .

Now you can do both FI posting & planning .

0 Kudos

hi all,

that is standard sap.business requirment is that they want to plan expenses when the status is TECO/CLSD.

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In TECO you can only post expenses, but you can't plan.

In CLSD, neither posting nor planing is possible.

SAP has made this package like that. This has been conveyed to you already.

If you want something like what you are asking, discuss with your ABAPer & your project manager.

And what you are talking is not a best practice too.

0 Kudos

that is standard sap.business requirment is that they want to plan expenses when the status is TECO/CLSD.

Regards,

lakshmi

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you want something like what you are asking, discuss with your ABAPer & your project manager.

Go for development with your ABAPer's help.

Good luck

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In any Project Maintenance transaction, like as Cj20n, Click on Project object WBS >Edit>Status -->Close -->Undo.

Regards

Nitin p.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In System status CLSD you cant post any documents .Here it is closed from Accounting point of view as well as Logistics point of view.

In TECO you can post the documents but you cant create New PRs or POs .It is open from Accounting point of view but closed from Logistics point of View.

Muzamil

0 Kudos

Hi,

but my client wants if is closed also he wants to post tracsaction. In this case is it possible to use userexit. If yes how? Please give me the information

Former Member
0 Kudos

question is y he want to close???? any specific purpose of closing?? wht is the aspect is he looking for my the word close, by this u will get the solution

Regards

surya

0 Kudos

Hi surya,

Here he has given the following approaches plz find it

High level execution steps:

1. Create new user defined statuses so that the business transactions u2018Planning primary costu2019 and u2018Planning secondary costsu2019 can be performed on the WBS element while it is forbidden for FI postings and Goods movement (actual costs).

2. Create/Modify existing status profiles so that these user statuses are defined in those status profiles.

3. If new status profiles are created, ensure that all the Project definitions are changed to include the new status profile.

Regards,

lakshmi