cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web dispatcher and J2EE load balancing

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have portal DBCI on one server and DI on multiple servers. I implemented Web dispatcher in front of the DI and it does the load balancing across all DI and CI. What I want to do though is not to route any users to CI instance - ie take CI server processes out of load balancing.

In ABAP environment you could create a logon group and not put CI in the group and users coming through the logon group do not go to the CI. I would like to do the same with Portal Java processes. In help.sap.com I found that web dispatcher uses default !J2EE group if there are no groups defined - to distribute users but I can not find anyway to define a logon group for J2EE java.

Does anybody out there know how to do this - define a logon group and include only DI and not CI in that?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raj,

Did you ever have any luck with this issue? I am trying to do a similar thing, and the documentation does not say how to do it.

Regards,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raj,

Which versions are you on J2EE? EP?

If you are on EP SP14 or NW01 you can do workload distribution within the portal.

James

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Raj,

>

> Which versions are you on J2EE? EP?

> If you are on EP SP14 or NW01 you can do workload

> distribution within the portal.

>

> James

We are using NW 04 based EP 6 SP 16. I am looking for to use web dispatcher to distribute users on the DI servers and not distribute any users on the CI server. What can I do so that if admin user enter http://CI_server:50000/irj then they can login to the CI server if users come through webdispatcher then they are not put on the CI but go to one of the DI servers only. By default web dispatcher would send some users to CI and I don't want that.