cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lock entry deleted manually: ENQ_TEST S - In SM21 Log

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

We are running ECC 6.0 on AIX with Oracle 10.2.

I happen to check SM21 Syslog which is frequented with the following error "Lock entry deleted manually: ENQ_TEST" or similar errors.

I have checked SAP Notes 310895, 309826, 331701 but i could not find anything for ECC 6.0.

The SM21 error log is as follows;

Details Page 2 Line 16 System Log: Local Analysis of PRD                  1
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|Time    |Type|Nr |Clt|User      |TCode|Grp|N|Text                                   |
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|09:42:55|DIA |000|300|BASISADMIN|SM12 |GE |O|Lock entry deleted manually: ENQ_TEST S|

Lock entry deleted manually: ENQ_TEST S

Details
Recording at local and central time........................ 08.06.2009 09:42:55
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|Task......|Process                    |User......|Terminal|Session|TCode|Program |Cl|Problem cl     |Package|
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|13230     |Dialog work process No. 000|BASISADMIN|sys-7   |      2|SM12 |RSENQRR2|S |Operation Trace|SENQ   |

As of now we are not experiencing any implications due to the errors but fear that something could happen in the future, so could anyone suggest what can be done to solve this problem?

Regards

Karthik D

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This looks like the BASISADMIN user is manually deleting locks in transaction SM12. I hope he knows what he is doing...

Regards, Michael

Edit: ...no honestly the ENQ_TEST means, somebody did a enqueue test. This might be scheduled, but you can do it in SM12 -> Extras -> Diagnosis. If you delete real application locks the SM21 shows something like this:

Time     Type Nr  Clt User     TCode Priority Grp N Text                                                               
08:31:23 DIA  002 525 MHO                    GE  O Lock entry deleted manually: DB6ADMLOCK E

Where DB6ADMLOCK is the table name and S means shared, E is exclusive.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

The log i given is only one of several logs and it is occurring for most of the users(even for those who dont have authorisation for SM12). I am sure the users are not doing anything other than posting their transaction entries.

Seeing those notes i thought there might be some workaround to suppress those error logs.

Is there anything i could do to suppress those messages?

Regards

Karthik D

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you show example, where other log like this where in column TCode are not SM12 ? Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sergo Beradze,

No such log found in the syslog all contains tcode SM12 only. But i think this happened during MIGO.

Regards

Karthik D

Former Member
0 Kudos

The SAP release and PL. are ? Note 310895 - Transaction MIGO writes SYSLOG (Locks deleted)

it's about old release.

How you check about MIGO ? Are you speack with users , or check the St03N ?

Are you trying to analyze the developer trace of enqueue server?

Regards.

Edited by: Sergo Beradze on Jun 8, 2009 11:20 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also in sm13 all fine ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I can't see anything in SM13.

Regards

Karthik D

Answers (0)