Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Handling

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I have an IDOC -> XI ->SOAP scenario.

How do we handle error handling in the below scenarios i described:

1. If i have an error in transmitting the xml to the receiver SOAP. How can i send an error email notification?

2. A retry or resend has to occur for 8 hours i.e., we keep trying for 8 hours and if it fails then we need to notify through email. How can we do this?

3. At the first failure transmission an email has to be notified and failure after 8 hours another email notification has to be sent so 2 emails will be sent for a failure transmission? Is this possible through XI?

How can we achieve the above?

Thanks,

Tirumal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tirumal,

in SMQR you can configure frequency of trying to execute queues.

There are some reports for restarting failed <b> asynchron </b>messages periodicly by job:

RSQIWKEX: qRFC

RSARFCEX: tRFC

RSXMB_RESTART_MESSAGES: other errors

plz have look to <a href="/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/11/29/xi-how-to-re-process-failed-xi-messages-automatically : How to Re-Process failed XI Messages Automatically</a>

Regards,

Udo

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tirumal,

Configure 2 alerts.

One to be triggered when there is the error in tramsmitting the SOAP XML.

Next to be triggered after the retry for 8 hours. If you are using the BPM with wait, then you can associate the Alert with the Exception block of your BPM and trigger the same.

Also, from SP14, Alerts can be triggered for errros in both integratioon engine and adapter engine.

To create alerts , this blog can help you out,

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--step-by-step

From SP14 onwards, activation of end to end monitoring is not needed for Alerting. Refer to this note 870232 for this info.

If you are on Sp14, implement the note 913858.

If you are below SP14, then also check this blog,

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--troubleshooting-guide

Regards,

Bhavesh

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tirumal,

<i>1. If i have an error in transmitting the xml to the receiver SOAP. How can i send an error email notification?</i>

>>You can raise an alert for Communication Errors. From SP14 onwards, you can send an alert for Adapter engine errors.

If it is a Sync and BPM, then based on the response you can send the Mail to the customer.

<i>2. A retry or resend has to occur for 8 hours i.e., we keep trying for 8 hours and if it fails then we need to notify through email. How can we do this?</i>

>>> If you use BPM, based on the wait time we can raise Timeout exception with Alert notification.

3rd is purely based on the design.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Moorthy