cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VL10B ship-to number

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have a question on how VL10B determines the ship-to number to be placed in the delivery.

Let's say that in customer master, I have sold-to 1000 and its only ship-to is 2000; then I create a purchase order and the PO assigned 1000 as as the customer as expected. Then when I go to VL10B to create the delivery, the system assigns 1000 as the ship-to party number but based from customer master, it should be ship-to 2000 (not 1000).

Is this standard in SAP? Can someone explain why this is happening? I would expect that it should be 2000 because that is the ship-to number.

Thanks,

Geof

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Geoffrey,

STO DN creation documentation makes no reference to shipto. It will always create DNs against the customer ID itself. You should make this customer both a shipto and a soldto.

Rgds,

DB49.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi DB49,

Thanks for the answer. This is the exactly the info that I need to verify.

Csaba, Gopal.. thanks for sharing your inputs too. I appreciate your help.

Regards,

Geof

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Geof

Check the following, This might help....

First determine one account group ( Trans code OBD2 ) assign number range for acct group ( Trans code OBAR ).

Define partner determination procedure:

IMG -> SD -> Basic Functions -> Partner Determination -> Setup Partner Determination -> Partner Determination For Sales Doc Header

Click on Partner Type

Go To New Entries and Define Partner Types

Customer KU

Vendor LI

Contact Person AP

Sales Employ SE

Select Partner Type KU and Go To Details Icon and Maintain Partner Functions

SP Sold To Party

SH Ship To Party

BP Bill To Party

PY Payer

Come Back and Click On

Assign Partner Type To Sales Doc Header

KU To TA

Assign Partner Functions To Account Group

SP To ACC GROUP

SH

BP

PY Same.

For Sales Doc Header The Partner Functions Can Be Determined From Customer Master.

BR

Gopal

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm not sure but maybe OSS note 672142 helps to determine the proper ship-to for the STO.

(Please neglect my answer. Ship-to party is always the receiving plant as was told by DB49.)

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Jun 8, 2009 2:36 PM