cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assigning co code to Root org hierarchy....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am having a basic question in SRM4.0 org structure hierarchy.

Is it mandatory to assign a backend company code to the root organization unit in SRM organization structure?

What I know is there will be only one Root org unit for a company and it will act as a parent for that company and sub units of that root unit can be assigned to different company codes or purch organizations from backend.

Why I am asking this question is in one implementation I observed that the root org unit was assigned to one of the company codes. Now they are rolling it out to different company codes.

In that case ideally speaking a company code cannot be created under an org unit which is already assigned to one company code.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

In that situation how it is to be dealt with?

can anyone please share your experiences?

Thanks

Jagdish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jagdish,

Original situation : Company code defined at top root level means that all sub roots inherit this company code

Target situation : you have to reset the top root company code and assign each company code to the each node that require one.

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yann

Thanks for your prompt reply.

You said to reset the top root company code.

This means the company code is to be removed from top root by deselect the company check box in function tab. right? then give the company code in the function tab of the node below the root.

But existing root company code is having a node for purch organization.

If root company code is removed then there will not be a link between company code and Purch orgn in org structure.

Can purch org node be dragged to new target company code node? will there be any implications?

Thanks

Jagdish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jagdish

Did you solve your problem regarding the org. structure??

I am very confused and hope you can help me.

I have 13 company codes, 1. purchasing org, 600 departments and 600 purchasing groups i must build up in a org. structure.

I have tried to build it as following:

Root - Purchase org.

- Company code A

-- Department 1 - purch. grp

-- Department 2 - purch. grp

-- Department 3 - purch. grp

- Company Code B

-- Department 1 - purch. grp

-- Department 2 - purch. grp

- Company Code ...

-- Department .. - purch. grp

This will result in a warning saying "You may not create a company below a purchasing organization (00000000)".

If I follow SAP help it says that the purchasing org must be on same level as the company code but this result in DUMPs. I therefore ask OSS for help and the answer from them is that the purchase org must be on root level !?!?

If I ask them to explain how I then must build my org structure so I do not get my warning the ask me to get remote consulting

Can you or anyone please help me.

I will give max points for a usefull answer.

Best regards

Jesper Lander