Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding custom fields to notifications-approval tab alv grid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Transaction IW21 - Create PM Notifications.

on the Approval Tab - there is an ALV grid that contains lots of fields. I know that i can click on the upper right hand corner and modifiy the layout by hidding fields. I want to add some custom fields to this grid.

I added my fields to view QMSM and now when I look at the database table using SE16 - i can see my new fields.

But how do I add them to this ALV grid?

Please and Thank you,

Julia Ramos

Orange County Public Schools.

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have read SAP OSS NOTE: 586523 Customer-defined fields in list editing. This note helped me add these same fields to many of the standard reporting transactions. IQS8, IW28, IW29, IW38, IW39

I added my fields to

QMEL - Quality Notification

RIHQMEL_LIST - Display structure reporting for QMEL

RQMQMEL - Quality notification - header data

RQMQMSM - Quality notification - measures (reporting)

Then i ran SAP program BALVBUFDEL. This program refreshs the alv buffer. This was very cool in that it allows us to access and report on all of my custom fields thru the standard reporting transactions!

I thought this same logic might work for transaction IW21. I found the structure used by the approval tab alv program, QMSM, and created an append structure, ZAQMSM with my fields - ran the balvbufdel program to refresh the alv buffers - but i still can not see my fields in the approval tab. I believe that there must be a way to do this - i will keep trying different things and read thru move OSS notes. If you have any sugestions or ideas - they would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Just to cross check, are you sure you have added the fields to the same structure which the standard code is using to create the field catalog.

Regards,

Ravi

0 Kudos

Thanks - I believe so. I have added my fields to append structure ZAQMSM. when i do technial info for one of the fields in the alv display - i see the structure VIQMEL.

but when i drill down into the pgm SAPMIWO0 it is using various temp structures WQM* - when i try to add my fields here - i get the error message that the fields are described twice. I will try debug and see what is getting populated.

0 Kudos

Hi,

I would suggest that on the screen where you want to do this, search for termsn like LVC_FIELDCATALOG_MERGE, LVC_T_FCAT (This is the variable to which the fieldcat table will be referring), see the place where SET_TABLE_FOR_FIRST_DISPLAY METHOD is being called and what is the fieldcat there, you can put a break point there and see if the additional fields are coming in the field catalog, some times they might come but the NO_OUT field might be set.

Regards,

Ravi

Note : Please mark all the helpful answers

0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I found out that the ALV grid is not an ALV grid but it is a table described in an SAP screen. Which is why the field list is limited and not dynamicly changable.

If I want to add my fields to this - I think it would require a large modification to SAP code. I will try some other options before doing that!

I might have to create my own sub-screen with the fields I need- maybe my own sub-screen with an alv viewer....

Now I am thinking bigger than I can handle ( ha ha )

but i will keep looking.

Thank you so much for your help.

You have been very helpful.

Julia

0 Kudos

Hi Julia

Did you find a solution to this problem of extending the default table view or did you create a custom sub-screen with the additional fields
regards

Gerrie