cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP login through Citrix

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello to all,

We have published SAP through Citrix for all remote users. We have Citrix Presentation Server 4.5 and there is no problem accessing SAP with that.

Now we installed new Citrix Presentation Server 5 and published the same SAP GUI client. After login to citrix and clicking on the SAP icon, it opens smoothly without problems. There are problems as below,

- If i open and close SAP immediately and the try to open it again, i have to wait for around 50 secs to the SAP session to close and then i can open again.

- If i open SAP and login and close after a min. then open again its fine.

- I have different SAP published apps on Citrix assigned to single user. When i open any one SAP published app. i cannot open another SAP published app. I have to close one and wait for 50 secs apprx and then open another.

We have published other different applications like Microsoft Word, Excel, Email Clients, Desktop, Other ERP apps. and there are no issues with them accessing from Citrix PS 5. The problem is only with SAP client.

Is there any settings required for SAP session to close immediately when i close it from the front end (client) ?

Please guide. Thanks,

K.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kalpesh,

Along with the OS and SAP details as asked, please provide the number of users accessing the Citrix server and the configuration of the server on which you are publishing applications.

Regards,

Anil Kumar CH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for reply.

We have installed Citrix on Win2K3, 32-bit.

SAP GUI is - 710 Final Release. File Version: 7100.2.7.1038. Build: 967944. Patch Level: 7.

The Server is IBM x3650, Quad Core (2 processors), RAM - 8GB. Two Servers for load balancing.

Thanks,

K.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok.

So please elaborate what you mean with "starting SAP". You mean starting the SAPLogon or logging on to a system?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for reply.

I have published SAP with command - "sapgui servername 00" for users in Citrix.

When users login they click on the SAP icon available and it opens the gui for them.

I have published SAP with same command for different servers.

Now when a user clicks on any one server icon, it opens fine. But when he opens the second published server icon at the same time (with first one open), it does not open. He has to close the first SAP server that it opened and then wait for like 50 secs for that session to close. After that he can open any other or same SAP server from Citrix.

This does not happen with any other applicaitons which is published in Citrix.

I hope am clear.

Thanks again.

K

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Now when a user clicks on any one server icon, it opens fine. But when he opens the second published server icon at the same time (with first one open), it does not open. He has to close the first SAP server that it opened and then wait for like 50 secs for that session to close. After that he can open any other or same SAP server from Citrix.

Since version 7.10 the SAPGUI is multithreaded, means, there's only one SAPLogon process (for one user) containing all the "GUIs/GUI connections" to various systems. You can see that in the Task Manager, no matter how many Windows to different systems a user opens, there will stay only one SAPLogon.exe process. This is different to older versions where a separate sapgui.exe was started and also different to "other" applications.

If someone closes all windows (so SAPLogon is closed too), the SAPLogon is stopped and needs to unload all the DLLs - which may take some time if many processes are running. Can you check if the SAPLogon process is still existing for that user when those 50 seconds wait time are occuring?

You could also check with "filemon" from http://www.sysinternals.com what is actually happening on the system and why stopping is taking so long.

If that all does not give you and idea I would suggest to open an OSS call (BC-FES-GUI) and let the support have a look on the system.

You may also try the latest patchlevel.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for reply,

I will check that.

Now this is happening only in our new Citrix server (Version 5)

We have other old Citrix server (Version 4.5) and it has same SAP GUI client installed. But there is no such problem with that Citrix server.

I shall check the points you have mentioned with Filemon and try to get any trace.

Thanks.

K.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kalpesh,

Could you please refer to SAPNote 431163. It could help you.

Regards,

Anil Kumar CH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello to all,

Thanks for replies.

The problem is resolved. It was related to "Enroll user and computer certificates automatically" settings in the local policy. After changing it as per below link from Citrix, its perfect.

http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX106049

Thanks,

Kalpesh

Edited by: Kalpesh Chudasama on Jun 14, 2009 8:16 AM

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

- Which SAPGUI version do you use and which patchlevel?

- What OS are you running on (Windows 2003? Windows 2008? 32 or 64bit)?

Markus