cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMG Settings for creating a new sales order type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I seek you valuable inputs on the steps to follow in IMG(SPRO) setting to create a new sales order type in the system.

I want to create a new sales order type for which i have done the following setting in IMG,

1) Sales and Distribution->Sales->Sales Document Header->Define sales document type.

2) Sales and Distribution->Sales->sales Document Header->Assign Sales Area To Sales Document Types.

3) Sales and Distribution->Sales->Sales Document Item->Define Items Categories

4) Sales and Distribution->Sales->Sales Document Item->Assign Item categories

5) Sales and Distribution->SalesàSchedule Lines->Assign Schedule lines Categories.

Also created a new number range for the same.

After this when i am trying to create a sales order with VA01 i get an error "Enter a Sales Area".

what am i missing ?Please suggest.

Thanks in advance,

Swati

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi swathi,

goto img>sales and distribution>basic function>partner function>set up partner determination-->set up partner determination for sales document type, select partner determination procedure assignment,assign "TA"standard partner procedure for your sales document type.

this will solve your problem

regards

senya

sunil_p4
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Swati,

Always when ever you create anything new in SAP try to Copy and rename it, because all the relevant copy control setting will be copied automatically.

Try this

Psk

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi swathi,

goto img>sales and distribution>basic function>partner function>set up partner determination-->set up partner determination for sales document type, select partner determination procedure assignment,assign "TA"standard partner procedure for your sales document type.

this will solve your problem

regards

senya

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go to XD02 or VD02, key in the customer code and below you can see a tab "Customers sales area". Double click on that and check in which sales area the customer has been created. Ensure that the same sales area is maintained in VA01.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for the inputs..this problem has been solved ...but now i am facing another issue.

when i execute the VA01 t-code with new sales order type and the sales area,it navigates to the sales order creation screen.In this screen there are two input fileds for sold-to-party and ship-to-party....which should be ideally enabled...but i am getting t hese fields as disabled...i cannot enter customer code in these fields.Is there any IMG settings for this too?

Please suggest.

Thanks,

Swati

skrishen9
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

For this issue please check your partner determinarion procedure settings for Sales document Header.

There you do the settings as per your reqt.

Thanks

Sushant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I think, for your "Partner functions", Partner Type is missing.

So, check the assignment of the "Partner functions" to "Partner Type" ( for example SP, SH,BP & PY must have been assigned to Partner Type KU).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

In the Initial screen of VA01 you have to enter the sale area which is nothing but the combination of

Sales organization

Distribtion channgel

Division

And in the transaction code OVAZ you should assign the sales document type for this sales area .

Please revert if you need any frther clarification

regards,

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes , In the transaction code OVAZ i have assigned the sales document type for the sales area .

I dont know why still its errors out.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friend,

Are you giving sales organization , distribution channel, division in the VA01 ?

if you give those three, you wont get that error, hope you entered all the three.

Even you are getting the same error after entering the three , can you once again brief the issue and the error message ?

regards,

santosh

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Guess, you have assigned this sales document type to more than one sales area(step 2 above) and while creating the sales order in va01...you might have entered the sales document type only without specifying the sales area. You will not get this problem if you input the sales area details alos in the initial screen of va01.

Thanks,

ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am giving the sales organization in VA01 while cerating sales order,still i am getting error.