SAP for Higher Education and Research Discussions
Spark conversations about student engagement, research optimization, and administrative efficiency using SAP in higher education and research. Join in!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number of credits of Student's Specialization

Dmoreira
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I need your help with the following issue.

I need to create a Performace Index to get the number of credits a student has earned in his specialization...

Have any of you gone through this?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Diego

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Try to add a proper filter ( Eg : CG ) and choose Earned credits as option while calcuting the particular PI . It might work work check it out . If not you can write a report as per the business requirements .

Best Regards,

Gajalakshmi

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Diego,

Why do you want to create PI to resolve this issue? How are you going to define number of PI specialization if student have more than one specialization? The best to handle this requirement is to ask developer to write a report/dialog program attach it to Student file.

How is your new assignment going on?

Prabhat Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Try to add a proper filter ( Eg : CG ) and choose Earned credits as option while calcuting the particular PI . It might work work check it out . If not you can write a report as per the business requirements .

Best Regards,

Gajalakshmi

0 Kudos

Hi, and thanks both of you for the prompt responses.

I need to control in module booking (for certain module), that the student has already fulfilled the Major track requirement. That's why I thought that having a PI that returned the credits in student's specialization, then I could check that in a validation, or use that index to set some kind of status that then could be used to validate the module booking...

But the main doubt I have is how to filter the PI to only get the module groups the student has as specialization.

Thanks again.

Diego

0 Kudos

Diego,

I think the best way to handle this to use extended booking check. You can implement your own condition within that you can calculate number of credit hours.

Prabhat Singh

0 Kudos

Excellent idea Prabhat. There I can define an RC with an Index dependent subrequirement, and use a PI to validate the number of credits earned needed per each specialization, for example, and then set that only one one of them is needed to fulfill the requirement.

Thanks

Diego