Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Cross Component Integration Scenarios

Greetings all and thanks in advance. I've search the forum and weblogs but I'm not finding exactly what I'm looking for.

In the process of moving all our legacy systems to SAP we will need to keep feeding some legacy systems. We have written custom programs to create files that we will use XI to FTP to the appropriate legacy system. In most cases once all sites are on SAP some of these interfaces will no longer be needed.

As a new XI developer in a brand new XI environment I'm wondering how to set up the integration scenarios in the Integration Repository.

Since I'm moving data from SAP do I define data types, etc and message types in the SAP SWC and identical Data types in the SWC I created that represents the legacy system?

Should I create scenarios or just create the components directly in the ID?

If there are several different legacy systems that will need to be fed, would you create them as separate SWC in the SLD?

Host of other questions, but I'm looking for general guidance or insights on how you have implemented XI in your environment.

Any help would be appreciated.

Former Member
Former Member replied

Hi Mark,

<i>Where should I create the SAP part of the equation? In the SAP BASIS or SAP APPL SWVC?</i>

>>>> If you need to use Idocs/RFCs etc then try to import the all the SAP Related Structures into one SWCV. SO that it is easily readable/understandable/Maintainable.

If you are going to use Generic Data Type/message type, then try to make one SWCV called Reuseable component and try to create evrything over there.

Then for each interface(for each namespace according to the System), you can use these reusable objects from the Reuseable component.

Try to build all mappings,Interface mappings etc in the respective SWCV/Namespaces.

Just have a look into this ~

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/04/09/xi--saps-document-templates

Hope this helps,

regards,

Moorthy

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question