cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to find the Add-on SAP_BS_FND Keep with Vendor Key

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am upgrading from EHPI Support Pack Stack 3 to Stack4, I am now stuck at the Configuration stage of the roadmap phase IS_SELECT - Keep the present version of the add-on (Keep (with vendor

key)). I wanted to keep the add-on SAP_BS_FOUNDATION with Stack 3 asthere is no Stack 4.

How to find the Key information or the note. Also please find the attached Screenshot of the same.

Regards,

Karthik Ravoori

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please goto the note mentioned below.It has details of the note which can help you about the vendor key Details.

Note 1245473 - Add. Info. - SAP Enhancement Package Installer 7.00

In the Above Note Search with Phase: IS_SELECT you shall get the details of the nOte related to VenDor Key

Please look at this note also

Note 1324996 - Vendor keys for manufacturers of ABAP add-ons

and

Note 1324910 - SAP upgrade with add-ons from third parties (ISVs)

Thanks Rishi Abrol

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

Thanks for the information. But in my case issue is somewhat different. I have created message for SAP as below.

Can you please provide us Vendor Key for SAP_BS_FND to keep it's

current source system version 701? It is not there in note 1262124, so

creating message for BC_UPG component as described in the note.

Requirement:

We already applied EHP1 to our NW7.0 BI system (including SAP_BS_FND

add on to release 701 and level 1). Right now we are trying to upgrade

ERP components (SEM_BW and FINBASIS) to EHP4 as per note 1326576 using

EHP installer (as we are unable to use SAINT for EHP4), we are not able

to pass phase where it asks decison for SAP_BS_FND (can not upgrade as

source is already upgraded) so need key to keep current version.

Thanks & Regards,

Mukesh Kakani.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

I am facing same issue, I have crated message for SAP to get vendor key. Please let me know if your already got this key.

Thanks & Regards,

Mukesh Kakani.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mukesh Kakani,

In case you have installed an SEM, E-Recruiting or SAP Learning Management system, which technically means that an SAP ERP software component (ERECRUIT, SEM-BW, FINBASIS or LSOFE) is installed in your SAP NetWeaver system, you must not use a stack configuration file created for an SAP ERP system. Instead, you have to use a stack configuration file for SAP NetWeaver (either downloaded from SAP Service Marketplace or created by SAP Solution Manager Maintenance

Optimizer)."

So you qualify in this pre-condition: you have SEM-BW and FINBASIS installed on your NetWeaver system

"Maintain your SEM, E-Recruiting or SAP Learning Management system as an ERP system in SMSY in order to download the EHP packages and to be able to maintain the system. Afterwards you must not use the generated Stack XML, but instead use a generated Stack XML from SAP Service Marketplace and include the packages for ERECRUIT, SEM-BW, FINBASIS or LSOFE in the IS_SELECT phase during the installation of EHP1 for SAP NetWeaver 7.0."

In order to for you to proceed, you are able to apply SP4 using SPAM and JSPM. But when upgrading the next system in your landscape, please alternate XML file as proposed above. This will prevent the installation of the ECC component SAP_BS_FND and avoid the reoccurance of this issue.

Regards

Karthik Ravoori