cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Core Interface: Delta Transfer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

While Transferring Material Master & PPM from ECC, the system is not doing Delta Transfer.

For e.g.

- My 1st-Active Integration Model is having 10 Materials.

- I added one more Product in same integration model.

- I activated again the same Integration mode with 11 Products.

- System is transferring all 1+10 Materials again in APO. It is Tranferring the Same 10 materials again.

Hope u understand my above query.

Kindly mention some inputs for delta transfer so that the system will only send 1 Material.

Regards

Guru

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru - when you add your new material to the integration model you should generate a new integration model (can use same name). The activation of the new model while the old one is active will cause a delta to occur where only the products not in the currently active model are transferred. You can do this manually and actually select the deactivation of the old model and activation of the new model at the same time - in this case the new model activation occurs first. In a automated manner you would use 1) RIMODGEN to generate new model (may use same criteria that Satyajit suggested), 2) RIMODAC2 to activate new model and deactivate the old model and 3) RIMODDEL to delete inactive models (may want to set this up to delete older than x days).

Hope this helps

Andy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew

I have done manually with a same manner as you have mentioned. When i am Activating the first integration model, the system is transferring the new material along with old materials. The system is not doing Delta transfer.

Regard

Guru

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru,

Please check on the following.

1) In CFC9 transaction, the change transfer for master data is defined correctly(check all other settings as well).

2) If your transfer is based on change pointers, check whether change pointer setting is enabled

Please let me know your observations.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru,

If you want to sent only the new material into APO either create a new Integration model or in the same Integration model you can exclude all the previous material by putting them in multiple selection tab as "Exclue Single Values or Exclude Range". However if you are sure that there are no Master data changes in the Material Master of other materials then there is no harm in doing what you have already done.Other materials will go as is without making any changes in the Product Master on APO side. Also the list should not be to large, Else execute this transaction in the background in off hours.

Trust this meets your requirement.

Thanks,

Harsh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harsh

If I will exclude those products in Integration Model then the integration models will be activated only for the new materials not for old materials.

I dont want to make a new Integration model, as my Number of products is increasing day by day which will also increase my Integration model as per Input.

Regards

Guru

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru,

I suggest that you create your integration model for material using 'mrp type' 'x0'. After that you schedule background job every night/or time interval, for activating and initial data transfer to apo.so whenever an apo relevent material is created in r/3 in r/3 it get transfered to apo. you dont have to create an integration model every time a new material is created in r/3.

Hope this will help.

Thanks,

Satyajit

Edited by: Satyajit Patra on Jun 8, 2009 2:36 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru,

Firstly to start with, when you have mentioned all the 10 materials in the CFM1 model, system will start transfering all the relevant master data, though it is not considered as a Intial data transfer. .

Now the solution for your query:

Depending upon your Business scenario, what you can try is:

Rather than entering all the materials in the CFM1, you enter only those materials for which you want to activate the Material Master Integratio Model. .

and then you can go to CFM2 and activate the same. This way you can save the data transfer for the already aailable materials. .

Again it depends upon your Business Scenario, whether you can adopt this steps or not . . .

Please let me know your comments on the same. .

Prasad.