cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The parameter "argument" contains "0x9".Unicode Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,Kindly help!!!!

In one of the scenarios in Production XI, I am getting following error in communication channel monitoring.

Could not process due to error: com.sap.engine.frame.core.locking.SAPLockingIllegalArgumentException: ISO-control characters are not allowed in parameters. The parameter "argument" contains "0x9".

In this particular scenario, SAP XI is picking .txt file from application server through sender communiation channel and placing this .txt on FTP through receiver communication channel.

My receiver communication channel is throwing this error in communication channel monitoring.

It seems the error is related to unicode as I found there is no such string "0x9" in my payload.

Also, I found out in unicode "tab" character represents "0x9".But my application server .txt file also does not have any "tab" character in it.

I have confirmed with basis team and my SAP installation is unicode enabled.

If I execute same scenario in my quality server with same payload, its successfully creating file on F.T.P.

Thanks and Regards,

Amol

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

do you use binary mode or txt mode in file adapter ?

is it the same on prd and qat ?

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Michal,

Thanks for quick response.

In both production and quality servers its text mode in file adapter.

Regards,

Amol

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem was in fixed value mapping we have used for one of the value. Their was a tab by mistake maintained in fixed value mapping, Due to which it was giving error.