Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling unremotable ABAP function modules (JCO)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

i want to develop a java-application around cFolders calling RFCs with JCO.

I get the following error code from JCO:

"[code]com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (104) RFC_ERROR_SYSTEM_FAILURE: The function module "CFX_API_USER_GET_LIST" cannot be used for 'remote' calls.

at com.sap.mw.jco.rfc.MiddlewareRFC$Client.nativeExecute(Native Method)[/code]

Is there an easy ABAP-code example which offers the function modules in the cfx_*-namespace remotable to bind it in the JAVA-Code?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can refer to java programming forum with Subject "Need RFC Function Modules for LOCK and UNLOCK Database Tables".

Here i have answered your question.

Regards,

Tanveer.

Please reward some points if found helpful.

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For some reason I cannot see the entire error message that you have posted, but sounds like you are calling a function that is NOT remote enabled, that means you can call it only from inside SAP.

If you look at the attributes of the function, it should be remote enabled, only then you can call it from an external system.

Regards,

Ravi

Note : Please mark the helpful answers

0 Kudos

Hello thx!

Remote isn't enabled. Is there a possibility to offer that function modules programming a "gateway module" or a module which gives access to the function modules in cfx*-namespace?

0 Kudos

Hi,

A work around could be wrap this function with a custom one which will be Remote enabled. The custom function could be create with exactly same parameters as the standard one.

In the current situation I don't think SAP offers any other solution.

Regards,

Ravi

Note : Please close the thread if this resolves the issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can refer to java programming forum with Subject "Need RFC Function Modules for LOCK and UNLOCK Database Tables".

Here i have answered your question.

Regards,

Tanveer.

Please reward some points if found helpful.