cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assigning User status only to root (top) WBSE

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Gurus,

Many times this has been discussed in this forum but my requirement is different.

I have a scenario wherein the release of activity / WBSE should not be allowed till the time the budget is released. I checked the forum for this and I have seen answers related to using User status but the problem is for my client the budget is given only at the root WBS (level 1 WBSE) hence the user status is gets deleted from the root WBSE when the Budget is released whereas as it automatically assigned to all the other levels of WBSE it remains there. Now i want some logic with which

1) Either this user status automatically gets assigned only to the top WBSE or

2) the user status gets removed after automatic assignment from all the other levels of WBSE (only retained in level 1) through some user exit or BAdI.

Is there anything available ?

Even I tried to use the Substitution rule but turned out to be a futile effort.

How to achieve this ?

Regards

Vinodh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1) Either this user status automatically gets assigned only to the top WBSE or

I have not precisely gone though your requirement,But I feel that you have assigned user status profile to all the WBSE, just assign the user status profile to only requred WBSE. As User statuses are not passed on down a hierarchy.

Regards

Nitin P.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Closed

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI VIN,

I saw your posting same issue currently i'm facing, i saw that u have mention ur issue is been closed

if it is possible pls can you tell me the solution for the same

Thankyou,

Regards,

naveendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a similar scenario where my client is Budgeting only at top level WBS. Howvever in PS it is difficult to control user status WBS level wise.

The way we are doing is select the top WBS follow the path on top menu

Edit > Status > User Status > Set and pass on

In this way the User status of all WBS is changed automatically and you also achieve transaction control for top WBS.

Hope this helps

Sarang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Nitin & Sarang.

Yes, I can understand this is not easy to control it and it is a pernnial issue.

Regards,

Vinodh.