cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart Form , Font Family Not Maintained

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

While I am executing smart form , I am getting error " Font family ARIAL not maintained".

Where exactly the font family has to be maintained.

Thanx in advance.

Regards,

IFF

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to the Tcode Smartstyles and give the smartstyle which you have mentioned in the smartform.

After opening the smartsyle check whether the Style Arial is there in the list of Fonts which are present in the FONT tab. If Arial is not present then check whether there is any customized font created for Arial (for Example like ZArial ) if that is present then Replace all occurances of Arial with ZArial in the Smartstyle which you have created. If Zarial is also not present then proceed the following steps to create a new font.

Go to Tcode se73

And there in the list of Radio Buttons select Font Families and then click on Change.

And there click on create and there

Give the custom font name (Zarial ) against the Font family

Give some valid description against the meaning.

Give the font which you want to create (Arial ) against the replacement Family1.

And then click enter then the custom Arial font will be created which can be used in smartstyles Tcode.

Hope this discussion helps you.

Regards,

Venkat.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

WenjingLiu
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was facing the same issue. As Firoz Ashraf mentioned in the replay "Although ARIAL is a standard font, due to some BASIS patch installation it gets removed.", I went to Tcode [SE73], just created a Font Family "ARIAL" (not "ZARIAL") and saved the change, then the issue was solved.

Regards,

Arwen

Firoz_Ashraf
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We also faced this problem. This is a problem from SAP. Although ARIAL is a standard font, due to some BASIS patch installation it gets removed.

However, you can use transaction SE73 to maintain it again.

Regards,

Firoz.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This sounds very intersting,Do you how where we can show that it is because of BASIC Patch,

Can you please check if it is installed in C Folder ,Fonts ?

Thanks ,

Raz

Firoz_Ashraf
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is due to which patch .. I am not sure.

However, to get the font just go to your windows control panel and open the Fonts folder. here you can get the ARIAL font. Copy this to your desktop and when prompted from SE73 ( during font installation ) for the path give your desktop path.

Regards,

Firoz.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello IFF,

Can you tell me Which style you are using its standard or Z/Y style.

If standard then give me name of that style.

Regards,

vandana.

faisal_altaf2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, IFF

Please Have a look[MODERATOR MESSAGE: SapScript/Smartform questions go in FORM PRINTING forum|/thread/1360534 [original link is broken];

So next time please post Smartform Related Queries in Form Printing

Thanks and Regards,

Faisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check in Smartstyles. The issue could be that the font is not available.

There are lot of documents available in SCN as to how to import a font. Check that.