cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Manager Installation Oracle Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am installing solution manager 3.2 and oracle 9.2.0.7. The installation guide referred to oss note 539921 for oracle installation steps. Oracle and patch set installation ended successfully. I proceeded to perform the post steps in the note, which the first step was startup migrate. I received an error locating inits25.ora file. The inits25.ora file and control files do not exist, as this is a new system. I attached screen shots that may help. I have read that the startup migrate is used for migration from old version to new. I have no old version and wonder if the post steps are required? How have others installed SOLMAN as a new installation?

Thanks in advance

Martin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kai_gebhardt
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Martin!

You are right. It only makes sense to run the "startup migrate" if you have a database with data in it. At your point of installation there is no data, because you haven't run the database import yet.

Only if you would do the SAP Installation with 9.2.0 and install the patch after you have finished the whole SAP Installation, you would have to run the post migration steps incl. the "startup migrate"

Regards,

Kai

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kai,

I did not perform the startup migrate and bypassed the post steps in the OSS note. I continued with the installation to successful completion. I am now performing post Solution Manager installation steps. Thank You for the confirmation.

Regards,

Martin