cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

combine operator in VC

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I have two queries in BW that i have use used in VC to display data in two tables.say for example i have 5 columns in table 1 and 5 columns in table 2.Now i wanted to combine two tables into a single tabel of the full 10 columns.I have used a combine operator..and got the 3rd table output with full 10 columns...but the problem here is ...when i execute the iview...iam getting only one record in the 3rd table.is there any possibility of getting all the records...in the 3rd table after combine

Thanks

P.Navakanth

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes ...combine operator cannot be used for combining two tables ...and displaying the data into third table......

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You should use UNION operator to combine two tables. Please also note that duplicates are removed when you use UNION.

Many thanks,

Arda.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Are you using combine operator after the 2 tables? If you want to jion data of 2 tables then use the operator after the query definition & then drag the table on combination with 10 columns.

regards

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sandeep,

I have explained you wrong in my previous post....Iam using combine operator after queries only and not after tables.....

Iam getting only one record in the 3rd table after combine operator.

Can you please check ...in ur system and get back...

Thanks

P.Navakanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Navakanth,

The combine operator will only return single row only. Are the both tables contain same columns? If it is you can use 'Union' operator.

Regards

Basheer