cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

value help issue in VC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a requirement that , for a particular field in input form.....i need to have value help with multiple and ranges to be selected.I have done this by using the standard value help wizard.But i also want the users to be able to enter a value manually and get the report output.say for example...if the values for customer number are 100,200,300...etc.....i want the user be able to give 100 as input manually and also i want the users be able to select the value help button for passing the values to customer field.

Also can any one tell me the best way of providing value help for multiple values and ranges selection...other than the standard wizard type...which is not so user friendly...where the user will be poped up with two windows ...one for selecting the type of value help ( Between, Equal, excluding..etc) and other one for selecting the values ( Key , text, keytext table).

Thanks,

P.navakanth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You have to create value help for this. Go to that variable & right click for creation of value help.

Select the BI system & Query for value help. then select the field & select option as values from master data. After creation of value help you will get one push button next to input box for that field. When you click this button one pop up help window will get opened. There you will get all values for this field from master data. Also here are options to select 'Between, less than, etc' you can select from that.

Make sure your BEs query has variable which accepts multiple values or ranges.

Refer the following thread also -

regards

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

sandeep,

You have given me the procedure of creating value help...i was not looking for that.

What i wanted is that user should be able to enter values by the following two ways:

1) use value help button beside the field to enter the values

2) enter values manually into the filed

The report should run for both the ways.

Please check ...if u ever tried this.

Create a value help for a field with select options in BW and try entering value manually into the same filed in VC and it dont run

Thanks

P.Navakanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Select option means are you selecting the 'Select event'? If yes then dont use select event. Dont select system action for this variable. Create value help. Use Submit button for this form. So that you will be able to choose value from 'Value Help' but iit will not get submited & you can enter value manually also.

I am using this option so that if you are entering single value you can enter manually & ranges or multiple values you can choose from the value help.

Regards

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

What i mean by select options is ....the variable in BW is created as selection options...where u know ....the user can select ranges, multiple value...single values ...i.e all possible selection criteria.

I want you to confirm whether u were able to enter ...single value in ur field ( which has selction options as variable type in BW)....and if u want to select ranges or multiple values then u have used ..the value help button..

Please note that i did not do anything ....special...in creating value help....i just used wizard.And the query runs only after clicking on submit button......it doesnt run after selecting the values from value help

Thnaks

P.Navakanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I will explain you my scenario. I have one BI query whwre i have created variable type - 'Multiple single options, optional' on '0PLANT'. (Dont select interval option for variable). Then I have created value help for this. If you see value help pop up there is one field as 'Selection Options' from here you can select value ranges. (like - between, greater than etc.)

e.g -

if you select 'between' & from 1002 & 1005 you will get '1002:1005:BT:I' in your input box of that field.

Also user can enter values in it. & it is working fine in my case.

I have given you all the process which i use, tell me upto which point you are getting so that i can try more on that on my side.

Regards

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want exactly what u have written ...

I have done same as u have done...but when i enter a single value in the field for which i have a value help...it was not taking the data....how ever let me check tomoro and get back to u.....today our server is down.

If it is working fine for u...then it should for me also....

Thanks

P.Navakanth

Answers (0)