Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

value help issue in VC

Hi Experts,

I have a requirement that , for a particular field in input form.....i need to have value help with multiple and ranges to be selected.I have done this by using the standard value help wizard.But i also want the users to be able to enter a value manually and get the report output.say for example...if the values for customer number are 100,200,300...etc.....i want the user be able to give 100 as input manually and also i want the users be able to select the value help button for passing the values to customer field.

Also can any one tell me the best way of providing value help for multiple values and ranges selection...other than the standard wizard type...which is not so user friendly...where the user will be poped up with two windows ...one for selecting the type of value help ( Between, Equal, excluding..etc) and other one for selecting the values ( Key , text, keytext table).

Thanks,

P.navakanth

Former Member
Former Member replied

Hi

I will explain you my scenario. I have one BI query whwre i have created variable type - 'Multiple single options, optional' on '0PLANT'. (Dont select interval option for variable). Then I have created value help for this. If you see value help pop up there is one field as 'Selection Options' from here you can select value ranges. (like - between, greater than etc.)

e.g -

if you select 'between' & from 1002 & 1005 you will get '1002:1005:BT:I' in your input box of that field.

Also user can enter values in it. & it is working fine in my case.

I have given you all the process which i use, tell me upto which point you are getting so that i can try more on that on my side.

Regards

Sandeep

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question