cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bugdet Exceeded

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts, Im about to add budget on the wbs, but before that there are actual posts and commitments incurred in the said wbs, reason why I cannot add original budget with error "budget exceeded". How can I get the total budget that should be enter on it covered all commitments and actual costs. Please help. thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Manee,

Correct me my understanding about your query, if i am wrong !!

You have already released project and some commitments and actual posting done for that project. Now you are trying to allocate budget for your project. but during saving the project after allocation of Original Budget, system giving error message as per the availability control activation after budget allocation.

So, open S_ALR_870135..(Plan/Commit/actual/variance) either hierarchial report or cost element report and check the wbse wise what is assigned value and the original budget you are trying to allocate against each wbse. i think the original budget you are tying to allocate is less the the assigned value for any one of the wbse, so system is giving error message.

Now open CJ30 and assign budget accordingly, you won't get error message. consider tolerance limits also.

Hope this clears you !!

regards,

hari krishna. k

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

varshal_kachole3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use Tcode CJ37 and supplement the budget to the desired WBS element.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts, Im about to add budget on the wbs, but before that there are actual posts and commitments incurred in the said wbs, reason why I cannot add original budget with error "budget exceeded". How can I get the total budget that should be enter on it covered all commitments and actual costs. Please help. thanks

question is not clear, but still wht i understood i am answering.for setting the budget at pr or po level will be set in SPRO, cost>budget> project avalabilty,tollereance limits.

mark the release indicator in budget profile

now, unless the budget is released, if will not allow u to procure or post anything on the wbs element.

Regards

surya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I mean how would I know how much budget needed to supply a certain wbs, provided there are already actual and committed costs?

Are these equation correct?

Original Budget - (Assigned Costs+Commitment Costs + Actual Costs) = Available budget to use.

where can i get the details of the following? thanks much

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, I mean how would I know how much budget needed to supply a certain wbs, provided there are already actual and committed costs?

Without budget allocation don't release your project. Make the changes in budget profile, as Surya suggested.

Do your cost plan. Then go CJ30 & do budget allocation.Then release project for execution, during this phase you'll incur actual cost.

Are these equation correct?

Original Budget - (Assigned Costs+Commitment Costs + Actual Costs) = Available budget to use.

Yes correct

where can i get the details of the following?

Tell you issue clearly, that'll save your time, as well as others.

Former Member
0 Kudos

the equation is correct.

but tell me, without budget realease and project relaese , how u r making commitments and actual postings?

agian i am repeating my steps

structure creation, costing, budget allocation, budget realease, project release and then the actual postings.

hope so both are on the right track