cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Detailed tutorial for mapping XML-Text is needed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I need a detailed step by step tutorial that will help me understanding base concepts of data mapping. I saw lots of similar things (on other topics) on SAP developers' blog.

Background

Consider there is a simple XML file on the inbound (in fact, if the tutorial assume any other source and target data - that's fine), something like this:

<data>Test Data</data>

I need to create the text file that will contain "Test Data". Everything is on file system.

Details

What I'm looking for is the sequence of actions like "In Integration Repository set up two Message Interfaces, then ..."

While trying to do it on my own, I've faced with different items like:

Communication Channel (this is clear for me), Sender/Receiver Agreement, Message Interfaces, Message Mapping, Interface Mapping, Interface Determination, Receiver Determination. Most of them are clear, but not completely.

If there is any kind of step-by-step explanation that you can point on, I will appreciate it greatly.

Thanks.

Edited by: Maxim Abramsky on Jun 6, 2009 1:34 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

One of the particular questions that concern me - in Design I have the following object:

InboundInterface - Synchronous, Inbound - for inbound XML data

OutboundInterface - Synchronous, Outbound - for outbound Text

However, when I go to Configuration, click on the Business Service there are two very confusing tabs:

- Receiver (which I assume should correspond to Text)

- Sender (which should correspond to XML)

But on the receiver tab it allows me only to select Inbound interface and tie Receive communication channel, which is intended to send the data out of the server to the result. Inbound interface to my mind contradicts to the Receiver. Is this something wrong with my understanding, or understanding is right, but there is misconfiguration?

Thanks in advance.

former_member200962
Active Contributor

Answers (0)