cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete master data via process chain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have to delete master data before loading it again via a process chain.

In the process chain I chose the process " complete deletion of the data target content" but here I did not find infoobject as the data target option to delete the data.

Please suggest how to solve this.

Thanks,

Harini

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harini,

If your master data has only texts then use the program RSDMD_DEL_MASTER_DATA_TEXTS.

Else create an ABAP program using the function module RSDMD_DEL_MASTER_DATA. But make sure you check the fn module before you create the program.

Bye

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harini,

P_CHABNM - It is for the reference characteristic.

I think if you dont have a ref characteristic then give the info-object name.

This is what I fetched fom help.

Reference characteristic

The reference characteristic has the technical properties of a characteristic such as data type and length, as well as the master data (attributes, texts and hierarchies). The characteristic itself also has buinesses semantics. Several characteristics can refer to the same reference characteristic. Such characteristics automatically have the same technical properties and master data.

Example:

The characteristics sender cost center and receiver cost center use the reference characteristiccost center and with it the same values and the same texts.

Bye

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dinesh,

I dont have a reference characteristic , so I tried giving the same infoobject name in that field , it gave me a short dump.....what to do ?

Thanks,

Harini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here's a way to achive the same result. To delete master data you can use the program RSDMD_DEL_BACKGROUND or the functional Module RSDMD_DEL_MASTER_DATA.

Use the program to create variants for the Infoobjects whose data you wish to delete and then use the process type ABAP Program in the process chain to run those variants thereby allowing you to delete the data before you load it.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the responses. One more question When I try to test execute the program RSDMD_DEL_BACKGROUND its asking me to enter the infoobject name and P_CHABNM . I am not sure what I should enter in the field P_CHABNM .

Please let me know,

Thanks,

Harini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harini,

You can use the ABAP program process type and use these programs:

RSDMD_DEL_MASTER_DATA_TEXTS

RSDMD_DEL_BACKGROUND

Bye

Dinesh