cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up Managed system in SMD

former_member220077
Participant
0 Kudos

I ran the SAPINST and installed the agent on the other system. WHen I try to connect to it, with the Setup Wizard for SMD I get the message below. I can see the system in the SLD on my solution manager.

The agent is started on the other system, i have checked that.

No Diagnostics Agent available at this time

Please install or start an SMD Agent for avphux51

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

former_member220077
Participant
0 Kudos

I have figured out the issue, it was looking for server name in SMD and on the server it put the default server-sid.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David Quigley

Pls explain more about on how u figure it out, the same thing happen to me... THanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello David,

I am also facing the same "The SMD agent "hostname" hasn't been found." Can you please elaborate us on how did you solved the issue?

Thanks,

Arjun

former_member220077
Participant
0 Kudos

I have been able to get the agent registered to the Solution manager system in the agent administration, but when I goto managed systems and click on the system I want, I still see the message " THE SMD "<server_name> hasn't been found" When I click down arrow and fill in the system information for the managed system, it says "No diagnostics agent available at this time. Please install or start an SMD agent for <server_name>

<server_name> is a valid server name, just leaving it out of the message. I do have the SMD agent install on the server and I see it connected in the agent administration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please make sure you have completed the starting of SMD agent also after the setup, u can find it in the guide.

also check the p4 or Https port number is correctly mentioned.

The user and pass mostly would be that of SMDadmin, created during the setup, or u can use SIDADM which will wrk fine.

sometimes root needs to be used as even sidadm can be restricted in ur envt. ( just in case).

Regards,

Kaustubh.

former_member220077
Participant
0 Kudos

how do I update the smd landscape, I haven't had much luck finding the doc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please maintain entry of managed system in tcode SMSY in solution manager.

Thanks

Suveer

former_member231914
Participant
0 Kudos

Can you please elaborate more on this, wat actually your are trying to do on this?

Is your SMD agent showing processes running?

What is smdadmin.sh is showing ??

former_member235924
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

have you checked the log files for the agent on the managed system if it connects successfully to the SMD server? User/password might not be correct.

Regards,

Ingrid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Which type of connection you did while installing SMD in remote system ? Is it Http message server port or direct P4 port connection ? you may try to change the connection type via solman and see if it works to see the managed system in the setup screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try to update your solution landscape in SMD and check