cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modify MDM record error through WebDynpro: com.sap.mdm.internal.protocol.ma

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I use MDM java api thruogh WebDynpro portal try to save a record to MDM, I got this error:

com.sap.internal.protocol.manual.ServerException: The selected node has children.

Any help will be appriciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

As per the error description you are trying to pass the value in the lookup hierarchy or lookup taxonomy field and you are passing the reference of parent node while in case of hierarchy and taxonomy we can only assin the leaf node values.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jitesh:

thanks for your answer. It is great help.

Let me put this way, if that is the problems cause, this only happens for one category when I try to save. I can save records to other category through portal application. So it is not portal problem.

Then we come to MDM, how do I find out what is wrong with this category? Why other categories work and this one does not work?

How do I find out why I have reference to parent node instead of leaf node for this category?

What I can do in MDM side to find problem?

thanks,

Eric

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

Login into the MDM Data Manager and try to assign the same category node to any of the record. If that node has child node then it won't allow you to select that node and if you try to assign that value using Java API then it will throw an error which you are getting upon execution.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jitesh:

I found the problem, one category does have child and cause the problem. It is great help from you. From Data Manager, I found that category has one child and in our qas testing system, same category has no children.

That is why test is good in qas but not in production.

Good catch from you.

thank you very much.

Eric