Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP FTP SOAP Sync Scenario

sunil_pandey6
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working on scenario where PI receiver XML message through SOAP Adapter and then transform into tab separated text and send it to FTP location, now requirement is to send back synchronours respose back same XML message with adding one more tag as Status In Process.

I am fine till sending text File to FTP location but how to send Sync XML response back with additional Status tag.

There r few solution use BPM Sync Async bridge, can we do it without using BPM. Even if i am using BPM, even after sending File i need Send Sync step to send back message to close Sync Asyn Bridge in BPM it means i need Sender Agreement with Sender communication channel to send corresponding response message to BPM. is their any alternate way to the same.

With Regards

Sunil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sync-Async brige scneario's can be configued without BPM only for JMS based scenario's

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/EN/43/65d4dab39b0398e10000000a1553f6/content.htm

For SOAP based scenarios, you have to use Sync-Async bridge for your scneario.

- Siva Maranani

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
now requirement is to send back synchronours respose back same XML message with adding 
one more tag as Status In Process.

not sure if you can add a tag to a already defined structure.....

What you can do in this case is

1) If you are using a wsdl of some other application then ask them to modify the response message to accomodate the Status tag ( if it is not present already).....then you can populate this in a mapping..

Can you tell me when the Status in Progress should be populated?

Is there any response coming from FTP which you will use as an indicator to say Status in progress?

OR is it when you send the FIle you need to correspondingly popluate Status in Progress tag and send to SOAP sender (irrespective of what happens in the FTP end)?

Regards,

Abhishek.

sunil_pandey6
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Request Structure:

OrderRequest

Header

LineItem

PONo.

Qty

Respose Structure:

OrderResponse

Header

LineItem

Status

PONo.

Qty

Accommodating Status in structre is not a problem.When i send the File at FTP location it send back the 200 ok with empty message so i do not have any message after FTP. I am using BPM for Sync-Async bridge.

Thanks for you help

With Regards

Sunil

sunil_pandey6
Explorer
0 Kudos

I need to send the response to sync SOAP request with Status In-process only after FTP the file successfully.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
When i send the File at FTP location it send back the 200 ok with empty message so i do not 
have any message after FTP

can you please explain this part in detail.....will the response message contain only 200 OK and nothing else.....i.e. no XML structure....can you list out what steps are you using in your BPM..