cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EHP1 Installation Question....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have to installed a EHP1 on our BI 7.0 system where ABAP and J2EE are seperate instance on same host.

How would I proceed?

Do the ABAP first then J2EE seperate after ABAP.

I just did for SolMan and I used ABAP+J2EE guide.

I am little confused for BI where BI ABAP and BI J2EE SIDs are different.

I just need very high level idea, how I should proceed. I have to read the guide eventually but this will speed up the process little bit.

Your guidance will be appreciated.

Regards,

SC

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think yo should first run the SAPehpi tool and it will assemble all system information..if it detects it as a double stack system..then you have to do it together...

I am not sure about the system having seperate SID's for ABAP and Java..But please read below the extract from EHPs installation guide:

The installation program analyzes your SAP system and assembles the installation GUI.

The installation program analyzes whether your SAP system is an ABAP + Java system or an ABAP

or Java standalone system. According to the result, the GUI is assembled. You always see the

Monitor tab page, and either the ABAP or Java EE tab page or both.

If you will run first on ABAP system and it will detect it as a single stack system then you have to do seperately...

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for helpfull answers. I could not award to all.

Regards,

SC

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

can you look at this

[https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/nw-composition?rid=/webcontent/uuid/e0174b6d-b2ad-2b10-6aa6-e2af1e338834] [original link is broken];

Regards,

Muralidhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You should perform upgrade Indivisually. First ABAP and than after that J2EE seems to be right Approach.

With Regards,

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you should do ABAP and then JAVA as Saurabh said,

you can get some idea by going this link http://service.sap.com/ehp

Regards

nag