Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to cancel message

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Frnds,

I am working on JMS to File scenario, JMS adapter read the message from MQ and process to FTP Server using File Adapter.

But i have to cancel message when some values missing in JMS Message, GLUpdate is the element , if there is no value for GLUpdate element in this case i have to cancel the message before reaching IE and Stop the process.

If GLUpdate Value present in message then i have to send message to FTP Server.

Help me on this issue.

Regards,

Raj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>if there is no value for GLUpdate element in this case i have to cancel the message before reaching IE

You can stop message processing in IE,go to receiver determination and give a condition which states that

IF GLUpdate != " " then go to a correct business system(BS_FTP).

From the radio buttons in bottom,select the one which says "End message processing without error(restart not possible)"

Thanks

Aamir

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In Condition editor i have to give condition right?? can you explain bit clearly.thanks for your replay

Regards,

Raj

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you guys.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj, I am trying to do the same and want to cancel a message as cleanly as possible when has a certain data payload.

When I try to do this in Message Mapping the Message Type always wants a 1..Many relationship with IDOC so I don't think it works to throw away the message there.

I think it works OK in Reciever Determination and Interface Determination but these create "red flag" events in SXMB_MONI which is not ideal.

Did you find any other alternatives and what option did you choose in the end?

Thanks,

Aaron

-

To answer my own question... the setting under Configured Receivers section of Reciever Determination is the key. You must select "End message processing without error(restart not possible)".

Edited by: Aaron Myers on Aug 25, 2009 11:04 PM

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
But i have to cancel message when some values missing in JMS Message, GLUpdate is the 
element , if there is no value for GLUpdate element in this case i have to cancel the message before 
reaching IE and Stop the process.

In Receiver Determination use the condition like:

1) GLUpdate (in Left Operand)---NotEqualOperator (from Dropdown)---Select Constant option and just give a space in the condition editor (for Right Operand) and click OK...

2) In addtion you will also like to check if the Node GLUpdate exists or not....

GLUpdate (in Left Operand)----EX (from Dropdown) and click OK...maintain this condition with the above using an AND......

cancel the message before reaching IE and Stop the process.

Now I am highly doubtful if mentioning the condition in Receiver Determination will help you achieve this.

Receiver Determination is one of the steps that are performed in IE...so your message has actually hit the IE and then you make a check....

Regards,

Abhishek.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhi,

I tries like this only but message processing through IE,

I am thinking that in message mapping level only i wl check the for the value.

if no value for GLupdate i wl rise exception , then my message mapping wont .

I wl try to execute this ,let u know.

if any inputs alwasy welcome....

cheers,

Raj

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think your requirement is NOT to process the message if the GLUpdate field is blank and NOT allow it to enter IE...

If this is to be strictly followed.....then a check in Receiver Determination or in Message Mapping (Interface Determination) are out-of-scope (mentioned about RD in previous reply).....the reason is both these things happen in IE itself...so your message is actually in IE and then you cancel the process

Regards,

Abhishek.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes u r correct, i am thinking the same, if we handle at MQ level its good,But MQ people not willing to do. I am trying different ways as of now sol,hopefully i wl find.:)

thanks alot dude....

cheers,

raj