cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time Characteristic in a query

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have an InfoObject called Time (0Time) which I want to include in a query. The object is part of my InfoProvider. The time is given in hours what I want to do is group the time so that I have three values represent morning afternoon and evening. How can I do this? Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Niten,

You can try creating a char structure and include 0TIME as a selection (actually you will need 3 such selections) and for each selection you can restrict the values as per the hours you want to designate as Morning, Afternoon and Evening.

Hope this helps...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for that, not too clear could you possibly give a step by step

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the rows part of the query designer, right click on the word Rows and select New Structure. In the Structure you see right click and select new Selection. Here make the selection by including 0TIME(drag and drop from left hand box). Right click 0TIME in the right hand side and Restrict. Restrict with values, like 00:00:01 to 12:00:00 (for Morning). Clcik OK. Change the description of the Selection to Say "Morning" and click OK. You can repeat by creating new selections for Afternoon and Evening.

You can save the structure and use it across multiple queries if reqd.

Hope this helps...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for that I think I know the reason I will post a seperate question. The queries are part of a workbook and I think I will need to save the workbook

Answers (0)