cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversion in Product Master

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have made an info-object for Product using 9AMATNR as template. This object is being mapped to 0MATERIAL in BW system. The APO infoobject has conversion PRODU, whereas 0MATERIAL has ALPHA.

There are some codes which are numeric. They are seen correctly as 7 digits when I display master data. However when I create characteristic combinations in the background, it gives an error stating as follows

"@5C\QError@ Characteristic value 000000000001023932 of characteristic ZCPRODUCT converted incorrectly" and it does not get created.

is this to do with the conversion routine maintained in the Product info-object.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

aparna_ranganathan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes Kedar , you have to check the conversion routine. We faced the same problem before for numeric codes because of the difference in length between R/3 and BW

Thanks

Saradha

Edited by: Saradha Ramesh on Jun 5, 2009 6:08 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

In my infoobject ZCPRODUCT in APO BW, i have used the conversion routine PRODU. Do I need to change it to ALPHA?

What would be the impact of changing the routine after loading the master data? Can you send your email address,. I can send you the screen shot of the object.

regards,

kedar

aparna_ranganathan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kedar ,

When i had a problem with numeric code, i took help from the BW-ABAP person in my company. I know for sure that person rectified the problem in the conversion routine . But i do not have the exact technical details of how it was done. I think the ABAPer in your company will be able to help you more.

Thanks

Saradha

Answers (0)