Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict access in BW " data deletion in RSA1 for Cubes,ODS, Master Data"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

There has been an requiremt by our client to restrict all data delete access in our Production stack.

We have tried removing the delete access to the below objects but if we give manage access we are still able to delete the data

S_RS_IOMAD

S_RS_ICUBE

S_RS_ODSO

Any inputs on this will be very helpful..

Yogesh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yogi,

SAP has recently released OSS notes "1363058 & 1355124" for this solution.

These notes resolve the issue you are facing

Cheers,

Sheenam

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Delete the access of authorization object S_RS_AUTH .

Regards,

Asif

0 Kudos

Hi Asif,

S_RS_AUTH is used for the Analysis Authorizations. We do not have this object in our Support roles.

Please advice.

Thanks,

Yogesh

0 Kudos

Hi Yogesh,

S_RS_ADMWB,S_RS_IOBJ,S_RS_ISOUR,S_RS_ISCRM,S_RS_MPRO in these authorization object restrict the activity of deletion.

the above authorization objects mainly used for administration (like creating and deleting info providers,data sources,info objects)

S_RS_ICUBE,S_RS_ODSO,S_RS_HIER(these authorization objects are common for both reporting and administration)

Regards,

Asif

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yogesh,

Also remove delete 06 access in objects S_RS_COMP & S_RS_COMP1.

Regards,

0 Kudos

Tried this but i am still able to delete.

The problem is when i delete it, the object s_rs_odso gets checked with 23 activity. So even if i remove 06 with manage access i can delete.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yogi,

SAP has recently released OSS notes "1363058 & 1355124" for this solution.

These notes resolve the issue you are facing

Cheers,

Sheenam

0 Kudos

Thanks Sheenam... I applied these notes as recommended by SAP. These work perfectly.

Cheers!!!