Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lsmw with direct input method

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi experts,

i am uploading the data using lsmw with directinput method

while in this method when i go with filed mapping and conversion rules i am getting all the fileds which r in the standard structure

but my flat file is containing only 4 necessary fileds to be uploaded.

here problem is while i am processing the directinput this is taking the values in the flat file and assinging from the first filed of the structure where as it should assign to the middle required fields

how to solve this proble so that it can assing the data which is in the flat file to the corresponding filds in the structure

while with recording v will get only the required fileds

ya where as if i leave the places black in the flat file for which the data need not to be assigned then the data is entering perfectly .

please can anyone guide me

thanks in advanse

naveen

3 REPLIES 3

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the mapping stage, for the fields which are not necessary, enter the no data indicator '/'.

Regards,

Ravi

0 Kudos

hi Ravi,

i am unable to get u please can let me know more in more detailed manner like with navigation

thanks in advanse

naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

In LSMW go to Maintain field mapping and conversion rules ,there you specify for which fields you need values from file and for other just specify '/'.

Regards,

Sunil