Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI Security

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

How XI is providing security to the message which's been passing thorught XI.

My project limitation is we are having File system (FTP) and SAP-ISU only. Message passes between FTP and SAP-ISU only.

In this case how the message is secured in XI.

If any one provides document related to this could be useful for me.

Regards,

venu.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venu Gopal,

As far as i know XI has its own encryption and decryption methods. You can provide message level security. It has implemented the private key public key comcept. For this go to the visual admin and do the settings. Hope this will help you.

Thanks and Regards

Vishal Kumar

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you talking about FTPS or you donot want anyone to read the message in XI?Let me know what is that you are asking?

what is ur current Support pack?

you can use sftp >sp13 onwards if am not wrong.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sravya,

Right now I'm using SP15.

I just want to know How XI maintains security for message processing inside XI only.

What exactly we benifitted by using FTPS in this case.

Some situations like messages contain account details we need to provide the security that no one can read it.

Regards,

venu.

0 Kudos

Hi venu,

FTPS can be used when you are using your file adapter to send / receive files from and to XI.

As for the benefit of using FTPS , i guess it has all the benefits that any FTP vs FTPS has.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bavesh,

Benifits which I'm expecting by using the following options over FTP in security point of view.

1)FTPS (FTP using SSL/TLS) for control connection

2)FTPS (FTP using SSL/TLS) for control and data connection.

Thanks,

venu.

0 Kudos

Hi Venu,

XI's file adapter does supprt these two options.

Just check the sender file adapter --> ftp connection parameters,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/e3/94007075cae04f930cc4c034e411e1/content.htm

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venu Gopal,

As far as i know XI has its own encryption and decryption methods. You can provide message level security. It has implemented the private key public key comcept. For this go to the visual admin and do the settings. Hope this will help you.

Thanks and Regards

Vishal Kumar

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SFTP is used when you want to secure transfer of files from file server to XI.

Message security is when you want to encrypt the message and de-crypypt the mapping.

Java mapping can be used for achieving the same.