cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debugging the script.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need to debug a script and i am facing a challenge like when i checked the nace transaction for a particular Tcode i am able to c two processing routines.

When i c the output i am able to see a form which has got attached to the first routine and when i press the back button from the form output i am able to c the form which is attached to the processing routine2.( this is what i need to debugg)

Now my problem is when i make activate debugger in the second script the debugger is calling only the first form not the second one..

Can any one suggest me how to debugg it.

Thanks in Advance,

Joe

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In order to bedug script,

Goto se71, choose Utilities -> Activate Debugger

or u put a breakpoint in the print program.

OR

Goto SE38 and give program name as RSTXDBUG and execute it

then go to transaction VF03 and execute it .

Regards,

jaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi meetjoe,

Basically u want to debug the 2nd form attached to the 2nd routine right?

But always when u activate debugger and start debugging u can see the 1st form.

See as per what u have said i feel the flow of your program is as follows...

your routine1 calls the form1...it displays it and then returns to your routine2 which then calls the

form2...thats why when u go back from output of form1...u directly reach the form2.

I feel your form2 is taking some values / data from form1...so always before displaying form2, it is going in sequence and showing form1 1st and then form2.

do one thing...activate debugger for form2...start debugging..if it starts debugging form1...continue doing it, come to form output.....then click on BACK button as u said...then when u come to the form2, which u wanted to debug....then just put a breakpoint there in the script of form2 in the debugger and simply save it...

so the breakpoint will be saved at a position in form2...and next time when u start debugging the control will directly come to the breakpoint in ur form2, or even if it goes to form1 first, then definitely next it'll move to breakpoint in form2....and i guess thats wat u wanted to do

Hope this helps u...All The Best

Regards,

Radhika