Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CUA and Non-SAP system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can we add Non-SAP system as child system in CUA environment? The idea is to send IDOC from SAP to Non-SAP using CUA.

Thanks,

9 REPLIES 9

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would be very surprised if that was possible. Sending the iDoc isn't your problem. Getting the other system to react and respond properly will be an enormous task.

0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

I did try receiving IDOCs using registered server program and it works fine for JCO 2.* versions but in JCO 3.0, it does not allow to activate CUA. As you said, without CUA, we can still receive IDOC but then it becomes all manual process.

My problem is i want to know whether it is probelm with JCO (which cannot be as IDOCs are received in both versions without CUA) or CUA limitation which cannot be used for Non-SAP system but then it worked for older version of JCO perfectly. I tried with 4.7 as well as ECC 5.0

0 Kudos

The CUA is for central administration of users on remote ABAP systems.

I guess you can also logically connect a USB memory stick to your SAP system and send IDOCs to it, but if there isn't an ABAP system installed and running on it then the IDOCs are a mime in a forest. The application isn't there to process them.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hi,

>I guess you can also logically connect a USB memory stick to your SAP system and send IDOCs to it

Good one ! I see the prospect of a new SAP product.

We just have to ask the "marketing genious" to find a good product name.

Netweaver Portable IDOCS USB Device 7.1 : NPIU 7.0

Of course you will need to connect the USB key every day to the SOLMAN server in order to get the IDOC validation key !

Just kidding...

Regards,

Olivier

0 Kudos

As i said idea was to receive IDOC on Non-SAP system and i also said that i've program to receive IDOC on Non-SAP system.

The problem is it is working on JCO 2.* version and not working in JCO 3.* version. Again JCO may not be the probelm as without CUA (using manual process), it is working fine and hence question whether Non-SAP system can be (or should be) used in CUA for above purpose or not.

Thanks,

0 Kudos

So you have an external Java application which is receiving these USERCLONE IDOCs and doing some alerts or reporting on them? Sounds interesting.

I don't know about the support of the Java connector for these IDOCs, but the CUA is to my knowledge only intended for SAP systems of WAS (Web Application Server) ABAP and indirectly WAS Java via the UME.

It is an administrative tool, not really a reporting tool.

So if a WAS (Web Application Stick) USB cannot receive these IDOCs anymore, then I have my doubts that it is a bug or will be corrected.

Perhaps there is some other way though? Perhaps using XML or a proxy (PI system)?

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

I checked with SAP and as per them there is difference in JCO 2.* and JCO 3.*. There are some new features added with checks which does not allow activation of CUA with Non-SAP system.

The main point what SAP was making (as mentioned here in couple of replies) is that CUA is intended for ABAP system only so using CUA with Non-SAP system is not supported by SAP.

Thanks all

0 Kudos

I think you could still do it using ABAP as the UME for a group based on the role name, but you will run into hurdles.

The most obvious one is that you will need one ABAP client for each non-ABAP system as the user is always client specific as is the role assignment, until you distribute it via whatever means...

For reporting you would need to have the results with details back again as well...

Application authorization assignment without a common platform is a very challenging topic.

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, but the SAP IdM can.

Cheers,

Julius