SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing without MR order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have created a MR order for May and billed.Now I dont want to create MR order for June since the meter was having some problem. But I have billed manually and posted that amount in FI for the month of June. Now while creating a MR order for July and while billing, system considers the billing cycle from May to july which should not happen bcos I have already posted manually for the month of June.

Is there any way to stop MR order for a month ?

Pls guide...

Regards

Jay

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

In transaction EL01, check to see if you can avoid this unnecessary MR order by unchecking "MR interval check" when creating your order.

As another workaround, you could simply enter the same meter reading from the May MR into June as to generate no consumption although that will probably be messy. If this is a special case, perhaps move out the contract in May and move it back in for July?

regards,

geoff

0 Kudos

Hi Geoff,

Thanks for reply...

Eventhough If am entering the same meter reading for June, some flat charges and meter rent will be getting calculated for the month of June which should not happen when am billing it for July.

And moreover can u pls give clarity on Meter reading Interval check in EL01? as I have tried by unchecking it but even then it doesnt works?

My requirement is that, I should completely ignore billing for the month of June and while billing it for july the billing cycle should be Juna to July and not from May to July.

Best Regards

Jay

0 Kudos

Jay, I think that in order to completely ignore any billing for each alternating month, you will need to use interim billing. You will not be able to use billing based on schedule records for portions/MRUs in this case. So for every alternating month, you will perform interim billing via manual billing and specify the from and to periods for the billing.

I can see this being a challenge with the meter reading however, so you might have to look at using another meter reading type besides the standard periodic reading.

I hope this is of some help.

geoff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

You can go for interim billing where you can leave a month(June in your case) from the billing.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Manish

Edited by: Manish Bisht on Jun 11, 2009 4:56 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

You have mentioned that in June MRO was not created since the meter was faulty, so was a new meter installed in july. If so then you should have reading of removal of old meter and reading of installation date of new meter. This would be used for calculating of consumption and hence bill.

If there is no fault then you should make order in july and obviously the billing would include june month since two meter readings are available 31/05 and 31/07. We can debit the amount of June from this bill.This will give July bill amount only.

anjo_deboer
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi

I don't know the details. Normally. It looks a meter change then you will have a meterreading.

You did a manual bill over the month June but regarding the meterreading your next period will June and July for the usage bill.

In your case the easy way is to bill both and make a manual correction bil --> ok for the next coming period.

Other possibility

- to disconnect the installation for one month.

- make a move-out and move-in

- In both situation you need meterreadings

The cycle billing of IS-U is based on meterreadings (Utility process of billing) you have to live with it.

Cheers

Anjo